cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of QGM and ChaRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was going through the documentation of QGM and ChaRM.

As of 7.1 QGM is integrated with ChaRM.

but functionality wise i didn't see any change in QGM in the demos available in service market place.

Then why do we have this integration.

Is there any extra benefits tha we can achieve using this integration.

Or Whenever we change the phase of project we need to open the quality gate as well.

I was unable to get a clarity.

kindly guide.

Thanks,

Subhashini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may go throgh this details blog on ChaRm and QGM FAQs:

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2011/11/07/faq-on-quality-gate-...

Rgds,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I have laready gone through the link.

The blog mainly talks about the integration and when to have this integration.

By doubt is very basic on the usage of this integration.

Thanks,

Subhashini.

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even I do not see any basic usage of this integration , except with the integration it gives you an option to control the Maint. Cycle phase shift via Q Gates. You could switch the Maint. cycle phases only if certain Q gates are passed.  All other controlls remain with ChaRM.

I am looking forward for  some SAP documentation/use cases/best practices of this intergration.  But I have not come across any

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for the reply.

I also felt that maintenance cycle phase change through quality gate approval is the only usage.

but again, in that i do not see any report as such which shows the list of TRs involved in the MC.

It leads to lot of confusion. kindly let me know if you come across any documentation on this.

Thanks,

Subhashini.

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

QGM in general do not have any reporting possibilities. Once you integrate ChaRM and QGM, whatever the report you wish to see has to come from ChaRM Reporting (/n/TMWFLOW/REPORTINGN?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for the reply.

I mainly do not understand the purpose of this synchronization.

If all the transports are having a well defined approval in Charm, why do we need QGM over it.

if it is for the approval of the maintenance cycle phases, then will the quality manager will look into the transports before approving it.

This is again confusing.

Kindly guide.

Thanks,

Subhashini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are companies running quality board in addition to the change management team for assurance of the quality of the change.

both has their dedicated tasks.

This integration scenario is especially for them.

Regards,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

H Jansi,

Thanks for the reply.

We have a CAB approval in place. And we can set any number of approvals in ChaRM itself. Which will be more appropriate.

Also, In this case will the Quality board will review the number of transprts that are moved. Will they be looking into the change and the effect before approving it.

If so where will they get the transport list.

Kindly guide in understanding this functionality.

Thanks,

Subhashini.

Answers (0)