cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM stuck on MAIN_SHDRUN/ALTNTAB_FILL inserting table TPRI_PAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

I am installing SP7 onto NW731 ABAP on oracle 11g. This is a new installation and I am merely trying to patch it with SUM. I tried the good old SPAM/SAINT and running into even more problems .... in case you are wondering. Anyhow, it is stuck on MAIN_SHDRUN/ALTNTAB_FILL step for the last 6 hours and nothing has happened so far. When I logon to the shadow instance, it is running on report SAPLSPRI trying to insert into TPRI_PAR in the last 6 hours. Nothing has happened in SM50 as the number hasn't changed. So looks like the process is pretty much stuck.

Have you seen this problem and kindly suggests a workaround? I have done a lot of searches on service marketplace and SDN and came up with nothing. Boy, patching an empty ABAP instance used to be simple. Now this SUM nonsense is really getting into my nerve.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

Thanks for your feedback. After countless number of restart of SUM and the ABAP system, doing small fixes here and there, I have finally patched the vanilla system to SP7. By the way, I resolved the issue by clearing the TPRI_PAR table since this is a brand new installation. I have restarted 5 or 6 times both SUM and SAP itself and still stuck. There is absolutely no movement on the tmp or log directory ... the transaction in v$transaction was stuck for over 3 hours. So I know something is screwed up in SUM.

Overall, SUM is an absolute nightmare to patch the NW731 ABAP system. I have done the same for the PO 731 system(also brand new) and SUM works much better. SAP used to have a better development team on ABAP than java. Now they all suck. They may have also layed off their QA department as the customers are the best testers and are free.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Since the system is running on Oracle & Windows I would recommend to refer the note 1635605 which resolves the known performance issue as clearing the entries in the table will not be be solution.

Thank You.

Regards,

Deepika

0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Regarding your issue, can you please refer the note specified below.

1635605 -  CLIENT HANGS ON INSERT INTO TABLE WITH SECUREFILE LOB

Please set the parameter _use_zero_copy_io=false and restart the database and repeat the phase.

Thank You.

Regards,

Deepika

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check content of tables DDNTT and DDNTF. Do they match?

And provide some more log for this error.

BR

Atul

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Good Day

Have a look at the logs in the logs directory.

I am sure there are logs present for each phase.

Please upload them for us to guide you.

Good Luck

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Please provide us the logs for further analysis .

Regards

Ram