cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII, CHARM, and MII Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am hoping that I can get some advice from the community.

My team has a large landscape of systems.  Each system has an abap stack, and a java stack with MII installed.  Our landscape consists of 2 config systems, 5 quality systems, and 7 production systems.  We also have just implemented CHARM into our landscape.

My questions:

1. Does anybody else have a MII landscape this big?

2. We currently do not have any change management tools installed on our MII systems, but we are rapidly growing so the need for MII change management has become very apparent to us.  Does anybody utilize a change management tool, if so which ones and how well does it work?

3. Has anybody gotten CHARM to manage your MII projects?  If so what do you use to integrate CHARM and MII and how well does it work?

4. In the mean time to reduce the risk of running into change issues in MII, we were wondering if there is a way to lock down security of the MII Workbench to only a few people.  The one caveat here is that we still want to allow more people to access and change the admin screens like data servers, JCo connections, etc.

Any information or help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

FYI we are currently on MII 12.1.4

Thanks,

Justin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

1. It seems like we have smaller landscape than yours.
  2. I'm not sure how well would change management tool would work.
  3. We dont use Charm but as far as Charm exposes webservices/tags, it can be integrated with the SAP MII.
  4. For the security purposes, assign only SAP_XMII_User role to the User, so that the user will not have access to Workbench or will have only read access to administration screens.

Thanks

Anudeep KM