Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Operations - Service Interface - PI 7.11

rhviana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have doubt and I'd like to share with you.

The scenario is inbound - SOAP TO PROXY

WEBSERVICE ---> SAP PI --->SAP ECC.

I have an structure with header and item, but depend of fields that are populated into header could trigger two different interfaces ((ME21N) Purchase Order + (MIGO) Receipt ) or ((MBST) Reversal Request and (MIGO) Receipt).

What's the point.

When some fields are for trigger ((ME21N) Purchase Order + (MIGO) Receipt ) the Service Interface must be asynchronous and when its ((MBST) Reversal Request and (MIGO) Receipt) must be synchronous.

Is it possible create a Service Interface (SI_Webservice_Sender) with two operations with different characteristics (Sync or Async) Inbound with only one Service Interface Outbound ?

How is the best way to develop this interface ?

The requirement one interface with two characteristic synchronous and asynchronous depends of date will come in header of message, so only one WSDL Outbound to be used from Webservice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Is it possible create a Service Interface (SI_Webservice_Sender) with two operations with different characteristics (Sync or Async) Inbound with only one Service Interface Outbound ?

You can have two operations but you cannot combine sync and async mode together.  Since you get response from one and not for other, You might have to use ccbpm for this. Otherwise handle logic  in proxy in a way always to get synchornous communication/return response and avoid bpm.

rhviana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Baskar,

Thanks for replay.

I want to avoid ccbpm because it's hard development and worst performance.

In case of handle logic in proxy I need to have two services interfaces inbound and outbound, one for synchronous and other asynchronous.So I will have two interfaces outbound (2 wsdl files), but the requirement it's only one interface for two actions based on data that will come into message.

I think the definition from technical integration team it's wrong..

Regards,

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Remember you have to specify quality of service  at the sender adapter to tell how the message to be processed sync or async. How do you handle if you dont use ccbpm for this.

If you don't want ccbpm, you can combine response (sync mode) and some dummy response(async mode) both in the target(inbound) and source (outbound) message structure. This way you can have single wsdl on the sender side and have one response/request structure for both sides. Please check if that is possible.

rhviana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Baskar,

Sorry but I'm not follow you. What you mean ? >"you can combine response (sync mode) and some dummy response(async mode) both in the target(inbound) and source (outbound) message structure. This way you can have single wsdl on the sender side and have one response/request structure for both sides"

One service interface inbound synchronous to SAP ECC with Req/Resp structure and only one service interface outbound from ECC with Resp structure asynchronous ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

You can go with a synchronous structure on the inbound side. Based on response message you can do a receiver determination.For the response which is not required, you can have a dummy file receiver and dump the file in a temp folder on application server while the response for ((MBST) Reversal Request and (MIGO) Receipt) can be mapped to SOAP response.

for housekeeping, keep deleting the files through a script. Basis can facilitate that.

hope it helps!

Ambrish