Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIP Calculation for project - FI posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I need some help please.

Here i my case, WIP is configured based on actual costs....

I post some actual cost on a network activity with status RELEASED (overhead costs)

I run KKAJ for WIP calculation. After this, i run CJ8G and here what happens: The network activity is settled (credited) and the costs go to relevant WBS element (debited), a P&L WIP account (511010) is credited and a Balance wip account is debited (114200).

When the project is invoiced, i set the status on the WBS element to TECHO (Technically completed).

With TECHO, i run again KKAJ and the the WIP is moved between the two cost elements (the first for creation and the second for usage).

Then i run CJ8G: The Balance WIP account (114200) is credited and a P&L account named "Cost of goods sold" (341100) is debited.

My question is: and the P&L WIP account (511010) should not be debited too? The balance of this account is accumulating! Is that right?

If you didn't understand my question, i try other way....

Waiting for help...

thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please exclude settlement(Cj8g) from network activity to WBSE and follow the remaining steps as it is.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello NAG AC

Sorry I'm late right? I took a long time to reply your help. But.....i was trying to understand more about controlling and now i know why the accounting described above by me is happening.I did further research about result analysis and everything is ok! The accounting is right and will continue!

I don't know why you suggest to exclude settlement from network...once the consultant recommended...but the reason for settlement is unclear for me! Only thing i know is that by settlement my network is credited and all the actual costs are debited to WBSE, and the config (settlement rule) here allow postings to FI only by WBSE and not from network.

Thanks for your help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi