Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order

former_member681145
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Please let me know what would be the impact If We give the sales orders line item Reason for rejection.

SO created 3 months before \, now we dont want to process some of the line items .

Incse of ATP or some other area does it have any impact.

Regards

Ishi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

ATP is only carried out automatically when you create a SO. Or if you manually press the Availability button. So no harm will be done in fact is the best way to reject it because MRP and availability will show not the real world because you have no just one but many other sales orders in the same situation. Go for it... Reject it

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

former_member184881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ishi,

Reject for rejection here various type of impact in sales order

1. In secondary sales order, qty automatic pick reservation by ATP from stock. If you close a line item by reject for rejection for sales order (To Expensive), then that reservation automatically would be canceled.

2. if you close a line item by reject for rejection for sales order, then sales order line item’s delivery schedule line should be close for delivery and No delivery document should not be open for that sales order line item.

3.     Sales order invoice or billing item should be also closed.

4.      This reject type of sales order actually has no effect on others documents. so you can close any sales order by reject for rejection.

Thanks

Md. Enayet Hossain

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RISHIKESH,

I agree with Moazzam.

Check / test this in IDES (or your Sandbox).

You could do the checks now too (after getting suggestions from members).

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Best way to check is create a sale order in DEV server and or pick already created sale order and put reason for rejection in line item and see its impacts on ATP and stock reserved stock etc. After checking if you are stucked then ask here with some specific question.

Thank$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

During testing, I have found that Sales order behaves differently than a Debit memo request. (in the below manner)

Both orders are with only one line item.

When I put reason for rejection (for the line item) in a sales order, the Overall status becomes Complete.

But when I put reason for rejection (for the line item)  in a debit memo request, the Overall status remains Open.

Could you please test this and let us know?

Furthermore, if you can explain why standard SAP is behaving in this manner, it would be a help.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

In standard system SAP behave differently for Sale order and credit/debit memo requests. I had once faced the same problem in my previous company and I got solution in my this thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1959629

I just followed the same and I was able to control this.l So I made a new reason for rejection for credit/debit memo requests and asked accounting guys to put this reason for rejection.

Now for your other query why system is behaving like this is a question mark for me also. I think system behaves differently because in sale order we make deliveries but in credit/debit memo requests we only create billing so system is not considering status until we tell system that this reason for rejection is not relevant for billing.

I know this is not a valid reason and may be sounds stupid but I have no other reason to give you here. Hope you can share some better idea.

Thank$

former_member190778
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rishikesh,

As in my best knowledge, when you put Reason for rejection for some sale order item, It completes its sale flow status. firstly it was coming open in your Sale order flow.

You should entered Reason for rejection at Item Level.

Now go to header & change the status (enter reason for rejection).

VA02 - Header - Reason for Rajection.

Now check the status... Sales Order would be completed. hope it will be little helpful for you.

If i am wrong let me know.

Thanks,

Suhaib

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishikesh,

Once you set the reason for rejection for line item

1. It will cancel MRP data for that line item

2. It will not calculate the value of the line item in the total  price of the sales order

3. Based on the statistical indicator set in IMG for reason for rejection, the value is not updated in the

Credit management

4. The status of the line item shows a complete

5. If you set reason for rejection for all the item, then the entire status will be set to complete for the sales order

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For that perticular item the status will update as complete. because of rejection. It will not open status. so once you refer other items then it will carry forward and the order status will update accordingly,.

And the MRP status also update according to your setting. in MD04 .

Regards

Pitabash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishikesh,

It will not show any impact on ATP & all the subsequent activities will be cancelled for an item once reason for rejection is marked.

Regards,

S.Himavanth.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishikesh,

As far as I know, once you keep reason for rejection the order/material/qty will be removed from MD04. So, the reserved stock of order can be allocated to other orders. Other than this there will not any impact.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It does not have any impact on ATP or any other area like requirements passing to MRP.

Regards,