cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for JRE 1.6_22 64 bit in internet explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SAP xMII 12.0. The client laptop are configured with with Windows 7- 64 bit and internet explorer 9- 64bit. When JRE 1.6_22 64 bit is installed, the applets are not getting displayed and Java Console displays no error message.

When JRE 1.6_22 32 bit is installed, the applets are loaded and displayed correctly.

I want to know whether xMII 12.0 does not support JRE 64 bit version?

Is it possible to run xMII 12.0 application with JRE 64 bit, internet explorer 9 with 64bit and windows 7 64bit operating system? What additional configuration do I need to do?

Thanks,

Raman N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

I think it should.I use it without any issues.

Just to be sure, verify that the IE-64 is pointing to JRE-64 . Because, IE-64 cannot and will not work with JRE-32.

Here is how you check it,

Java Control Panel -- > Java --> View ... see if the correct JRE is installed. The path should point to Program Files and NOT ProgramFiles(x86)

Regards,

Tufale Ashai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashai,

Thanks for your valuable reply. I uninstalled 32 bit JRE and installed JRE 1.6_22 64 bit version. The default folder installation is Program Files instead of Program Files(x86). Java Console is not popup eventhough show console is selected in Java Control Panel.

I checked logs in Netweaver admin which displays one warning message "Error initializing connection".

Thanks,

Raman N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strange.. have a look at this thread.. .

I am on JRE 1.6 Update 39. Applets seem to work fine. My other machine is on JRE 1.6 Update 21. It worked fine too. It could be a JRE update Issue . Try upgrading it to 39 or roll back to 21

Best Regards

Tufale Ashai.