Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Universe from server to server

Hector_Santos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

I am using BOBJ Edge BI 4.0 SP 04 . I just transfered a universe (unx) from one server to another server by a BIAR file. When I try to change the connection, it tells it is protected. It tries to conect to server1 but they are not connected so I cannot loggon from server 2.

Any easy way to transfer a universe from server that are not connected ? I used the Upgrade Management Tool for copying small batches (usually a Webi with its universe) but I am having problem with the universe. Any suggestions ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hector,

Use LCM tool to transport from one server to another server, i.e Dev->QA>Prod

Step by step guide to use Lifecycle Management Console for content deployment in repositories across BO landscape.

Create New Job

• Define a new Job Name or copy existing job.
  • Set folder to save job.
  • Select Source System to promote objects. How to Manage BO systems is explained below.
  • Select Destination System to promote contents to. You can also choose LCMBIAR as an option to export contents which can be imported to destination system.

Assign Objects to Job. 

• Select Objects from Source System repository.
  • Add Objects to Job.
  • Select added objects and click manage dependencies.
  • Select dependent objects and apply changes.

Manage Systems 

• Click on Administrative Options -> Manage Systems
  • Click on Add New system button to manage systems.
  • Provide technical details like Host Name, Port Number etc.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hector,

UMT is to be used for upgrades only not for transferring from one system to another, in the latter you need to use LCM aka Promotion Management

thanks

Simone