cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice of BODS Jobs migration from dev to Prod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to Data Services, I want to know the best practices of BODS Jobs migrate from development to production.

Need your help.

Thanks

Bharath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

If you want to move your BODS jobs from Development Repository to Production Repository, use central repository for migration.

Step 1: Go to Dev Repository and update all the jobs as required and save them.

Step 2: Create and connect to a Central Repository.

Step 3: Add you all interested and updated jobs with dependents to the central repository.

Step 4: Go to Prod Repository and connect to the same central repository and get a copy of all jobs required.

Regards,

Ankit.

former_member202087
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just came across this thread and was hoping someone could help with this issue.....

We have a multi-tier environment and have it set up as Ankit has suggested above.  In our case we have a development, staging, and production environment.  We also have a central repository for each environment. 

After doing steps 1 - 3 we log into our staging environment and connect to the development central repository.  I activate that connection but when I look at the central object library what I am seeing is our staging central object library even though it is not active.  Is there a step I am missing somewhere or is this possibly a bug?  We are on Data Services 4.0, version 14.0.2.462

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

As per the Image you have Selected "Re-Activate Automatically" so at in On eLocal repository only one Secure Central Repository is activated at one time.

So in your case you have two Secure Central Repository

• DWDDS_CENTRAL
  • DWSDS_CENTRAL

For Testing please Untick the "Re-Activate Automatically" Option then Activate "DWDDS_CENTRAL" and then check in Local Repository at below that Central repository Local is Showing or not.

If Yes then you are Configure Secure Central Repository in Designer if not then it was issue in Configuring Steps.

Hoep this will help you as well.

Thanks,

Daya

former_member202087
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I unchecked "Reactive Automatically" and logged out of our staging environment.  I logged back in, went to Tools > Central Repositories and manually activated DWDDS_CENTRAL (development) and it now shows it as the active reporitory on the page.  When I say OK and go to Tools > Central Object Library it still shows DWSDS_CENTRAL (staging) data. 

As an aside when I went back to Tools > Central Repositories the "Activate Automatically" was again checked for DWDDS_CENTRAL.

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

At a Time only one Secure central repository will work you have to activate and deactivate as per your requirement.

Thanks,

Daya

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

Please refer the below URL regarding BODS Jobs Migration From local to Central Repository in Multiple Environment.

Links:

http://scn.sap.com/community/data-services/blog/2012/11/06/data-services-code-migration-maintenance-...

Creating a Central Repo:

Links:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EIM/Creating+a+Central+Repo

Using a Central Repo:

Links:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EIM/Using+a+Central+Repo

Hope this will help you as well.

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos