cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sapscript: Insert <stx> (hex 02) into spool for ZEBRA Printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi togehter,

I have to insert  <STX> (Hexvalue 02) and <ETX> (Hexvalue 03) into a spool created from a Sapscript Form for a Zebra Printer.

How can I manage this and where can I see if it worked?

I tried to realize it with a new Print-Control (ZSTX value 0002, ZETX value 0003) but in SP01 I don´t see neither my PRINT-CONTROL command nor the hexvalue.

Many thanks for your help,

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sebastian,

Could you please elaborate on your requirements, i think HEX02 and Hex03 are control characters and are not to be used for printing. Please refer to ZPL programming guide for the specific codes for hex..

http://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/manuals/en-us/printer/zplii-pm-vol2-en.pdf

Thanks,

VM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

these commands are needed not for the printer but for the robot in which the printer is integrated.

To put it in a nutshell, the robot receives one spool with x sites and pushes them one by one to the printer. Therefore we need (for the separation of the sites) these start and end flag (STX/ETX) for each site in the spool.

Regards,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sebastian,

Sounds interesting!

Refer to "Disguising Control code characters" in the above ZPL guide. This tells how to pass HEX codes between 00H - 19H to Zebra printer.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

VM.