cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft deletion was undone for a vendor on ECC but GTS was not updated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Anytime I set a customer/vendor for deletion on ECC; this info gets transferred to GTS (table /SAPSLL/PNTBP and field DATBI is set to the date of transfer). If I go back to ECC and undo the soft deletion (vendor/customer is now valid in ECC again) the valid to date on GTS does not get updated. I checked table /SAPSLL/PNTBP and field DATBI still show the date and time the BP was originally deleted.

This is a valid scenario on our business since vendors got inactivated and then when we do business with them again we just activate them again.

Do you know what can be done in order to get this update on GTS? If vendor was reactivated on ECC I want them to be valid also on GTS (not expired).

Thanks!

Debora

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debora,

I think you've hit on something the developers overlooked (a.k.a. "a bug").  I suggest you report it on OSS, since - even without your own rather unusual business scenario - this could be encountered occasionally in a Production system.  The standard code doesn't allow for this situation.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave

Thanks for the input. I created a message with SAP Support; let's see what they say.

Thanks!

Debora

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Debora,

As you know, note 1875331 is officially released for customer. Please directly close this message.

Thanks

Boer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boer

I'm still validating the fix provided. Once it is done I'll close the message.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

As a result of the customer message I've created with SAP they have provided a fix for this issue through OSS note "Note 1875331 - Vendor or Customer still expired after undeletion"

Before that I also had to apply note "Note 1550011 - While BP transfer to GTS deletion flag is not considered"

I validated the solution provided and it is working fine.

Thanks all for your help.

Debora

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debora,

I've never checked this scenario before..I think you are expecting the change pointer transfer to update the date.

But can you try transferrring the partner from initial transfer option in ECC. Is that redetermining the valid to date?

Can you pls check once..

Thanks

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan

I tested this scenario already.

1- ECC: Customer is active. GTS: valid-to date is defined to 9999/12/31

2 - ECC: Soft deletion of customer (XD06). GTS: valid-to date is set as 2013/05/23

3 - ECC: activate customer again (XD06). GTS: no changes; valid-to date still shows 2013/05/23

4 - ECC: update customer name (XD02). GTS: name is updated; valid-to date is still the same: 2013/05/23

So, no luck. I'd like GTS to represent what we have in ECC.

I can not take the chance of having an active customer in ECC that is not screened on GTS because it is expired.

Any idea of what can be done?

Thanks!

Debora

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, just create an OSS message and report the problem.  And let us know what response you get - thanks.