cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clicking on a dropdown list shows a popup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a quick Question: I have a VC model with one RF call and an entry list (see screenshot 1 - model.jpg attached). By the way, why I have to call the remote function and than the same procedure - the remote function is called by the entry lists service with input fields - again with configuring an entry list (?). But ok, I got the content. When I now click on the dropdown list, the content is shown as a popup window, not usually as selectable list (screenshot 2 - view.jpg).

Where can I change configurations or what ever to have a simple dropdown list functionality know in common web applications?

Thanks for helping,

Cengiz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cengiz,

The Dropdown List Control seems to be what you want. The Combo Box type open a popup in run-time.

There are two ways to change the Control type:

1. In the Layout Board. right click the Control => Change Control Type => choose the new type.

2. In the Define Data dialog box. On the containing element (Form, Table, etc.), right click => Define Data. Then you could change the Control type for the relevant field in the Control column:

Note that above a certain number of records for the list, the Combo Box popup is displayed in run-time (regardless of choosing a Drop Down).

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ehud,

many thanks. The settings are correct; in both case, it shows that my visual object is a dropdown list object (see screenshots - the context is written in German):

But still I can't explain why in the runtime the popup is coming up - what usually happens when it's a combo box - when I click on the dropdown list.

Regards,

Cengiz

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Cengiz,

As I see from your very first attachment, the number of entries in the value set of the dropdown is big.

When the value set size exceeds the configured sap.valuesetlimit.maxondemand value the dropdown list is replaced by an Extended Value Selector (EVS) popup dialog.

The default value of sap.valuesetlimit.maxondemand is 50. You can change it.

Please refer to the following link at help.sap:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce72/helpdata/en/43/8a1a8ece230c8ce10000000a11466f/content.htm

Regards,

Talia

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cengiz,

As I explained, above a certain number of records for the list, the Combo Box popup is displayed in run-time (regardless of choosing a Drop Down).

See Talia's answer for the specifics.

Thanks,

Udi

0 Kudos

Hello Talia,

I tried the same for my latest 7.4 Portal webdynpro java application. The value is set in NWA at the mentioned path and with the correct parameters, the server has been restarted but still I get the values in combo box instead of a dropdown. Any clue please?

Thanks & Regards,

Gaurav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for help. It works