Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.30 for Windows Installation Problem

michael_ellis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Forum

I have succesfully created a SAP Installation server and created a package.

However when I go to a client and run nwsapsetup.exe /package , the installer loads fine and I can select my configured package , however after clicking finish the installer just closes and nothing happens.     This is the same on several machines and therefore is a problem with my installation server \ source.   Any ideas?

Thank you for help...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

Did you download compliation 2 DVD for the 7.30 GUI?

If yes,download the lastest sapsetup patch 34 from the note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1587566

,run nwsapsetupadmin.exe,click on 'patch server'  and point it to the location of the downloaded

patch.

Then click on 'Check Server' to ensure there are no corrupted files on your installation server.

Try runing the install again and if there are errors,check the sapsetup.log files and advise if

any errors by searching the text file for 1E or 2E in the logs.

Paste them to the reply if neccessary.

Regards,

Jude

michael_ellis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jude

Thanks for the reply, I downloaded SAP GUI 7.30 from the marketplace but looks to be compilation 1. The download is gui730_0-10010496.zip  .. I cant see any other options for the full SAP GUI download.

Anyway I will try sapsetup patch 34 as you recommend first thing in the morning and will let you know if successful or not.

Thank you for your help

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

The link for the latest DVD link is below:

https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/swdc =>

Installations and Upgrades

A - Z Index

G

SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS

SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 7.30
CORE

Installation

50118243_6

This will lead you to compilation 2 dvd

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_ellis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks to all that replied to this post, I've recreated my SAP Share using the compilation 2 download and relevant patches and it works fine!  thanks again for your help

former_member201355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Update the Installation server with the latest SAPSetup 9.0 Patch 34 as per Jude's reply

You can download the latest patch from this link

SAPSetup 9.0 Patch

Please reinstall after patching the server and copy and paste the log file from C:\Program Files\SAP\SapSetup\LOGs\NwSapSetup

Thanks

Thirumal

michael_ellis
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Thirumal

Thanks will try this out.

You mention to reinstall after patching the server. Do you mean re-install the GUI on a client once the server is patched?

Thanks

former_member201355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Yes, recreate the package and reinstall from the new/updated installation server. Use the links provided by Jude for the latest software and patches.

If you still face any errors after patching the server, please post the log file details.

Please check this link for additional information, it may help you to figure out if any requirements are missing on the workstation.

http://scn.sap.com/community/gui/blog/2013/05/08/sap-gui-730-installation-errors

Thanks

Thirumal