cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving HU between HU managed locations

0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

I have the following issue. I'm moving a handling unit from one storage location to another storage location.  When I move the handling unit to the other storage location, it moves the stock into the interim 921 transfer area.  When I check what happend, if the storage location is a HU-managed storage location, NO TR is generated regardless of configuration.  However, if I move the HU into a storage location that is WM managed and not HU required, a TR is generated.

My question is: Do i need the TR to be created. - If yes please helo

I see that the stock moved from the one s-loc to the other but becuase i do not have a TO it is not binnde it remains in the interim. How can i create an Automatic TO

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you are seeing is pretty much a standard system behavior. Let me try to explain you -

When you move a material from one storage location ( WM & HU Managed) to another ( also WM & HU managed) with movement 311, and, both of these storage location have the same warehouse number, then, system would create a delivery of type 'HTP'. Then, you need to create a TO w.r.t delivery and then confirm the TO. Post this you can do PGI for delivery which will do the material movement between storage location.

In this system is actually creating a posting change notice and then you are creating TO w.r.t the PCN.

On the contrary, if your receiving storage location is non HU managed, then I suppose system is creating a TR.

Regards,

Sushant

0 Kudos

Hi Sushant

Thank you for your reply.

The problem occurs when i move the HU between differant storage locations that is also in differant wh. Example i move HU xxxx from WH1 s-loc 0001 to WH2 s-loc 0002.

I was affraid that it will create PCN but that is not the case.

I get a material document after i "Post goods movement" and that is it.

I have tried to create a delivery but get an error "Please set the Vehicle status to F1" im busy looking int this.

What i want to know is if i do move the HU and no PCN is created only the material doc nothing els. First is this correct system behavior or is this incorrect.

If this is correct i will speak to our abapers to assist with the TO creation.

You are correct when you say that when i move the HU between a non HU managed and HU managed that a material doc and TR is created.

Regards

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Quinten,

As I understand you are moving goods between different storage locations, so, this involves physical movement of goods, and that's the reason system is creating material document for this. Which transaction & movement type are you using for HU movement?

Also, a Posting change Notice is created when usually there is no physical movement associated due to warehouse activity. It is just the change in stock type, etc wherein the stock remains at its original place in the warehouse and only its properties are changed.

Hope that clears your doubt.

Regards,

Sushant

0 Kudos

Hi Sushant

Im using transaction vlmove with movement type 311.

I just want to know that is this normal system opperation to only get a material document created and NO other documents such as TR to be able to create a TO automaticaly.

From what I have seen from my test when moveing an HU between two differant warehouses (hu managed) the system only creates a material document.

The Hu is placed into an interm bin - Transfer - and i need to create a manula TO or via a progarm to get the HU binned

Regarding the posting change notice thanks for the reply.

Thank you for all the advice, and guidance

former_member288833
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Quinten Kok,

Have you checked LB12 transaction? put that material document number in transaction code LB12 and process the TR To TO.

Regards,

Ram Rathode

0 Kudos

Hi

Yes i have checked LB12. When i enter the material doc nr that was created, it gives me a message that no data found for entered material doc. If i check mb59, or mb53 for the material i do see the material doc and the movement.

Regards

former_member288833
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok,then check OMKZ transaction for Automatic TO creation  and do the needful settings.

Regards,

Ram