Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS Configuration - Multiple ABAP instances connected to Single Java stack

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello community,

my scenario is a classic ABAP ECC landscape with 3 instances (DEV,QAS,PRD) and a brand new Solman 7.1 (so dual stack ABAP+Java)

I don't see any purely technical issues in connecting all ECC to Solman for ADS, a part possible performance issues and the fact that Solman will become a live production system.

Has anyone has implemented this scenario successfully in real scenarios? Any recommendation or best practise?

Best Regards,

Valerio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sandeep_katoch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valerio,

If you say about the best practice so it will always be a separate standalone server with java stack.

But still some considerations if you go for a abap+java

How many systems you want to connect to?

How many processes will use adobe forms?

What will be the frequency of the generation of the adobe forms?

How many interactive forms will be there?

All these directly or indirectly relate to the system performance.

As your SOLMAN system will be a live prod system so according to my suggestion you better use a standalone java stack server as all the factors stated above may hamper the system performance.

For related information you may refer to SAP notes 863872 & 925741 . These deal with the installation process .

Here you can find the installation guide for ADS ready to use pdf document

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30a9630b-4f89-2a10-6fab-e311b3ffd...

BR,

Sandeep Katoch

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandeep Katoch,

I appreciate your reply, but unfortunately this is not the answer to my question, which is the following:

Are there any purely technical issue in connecting more than one ABAP stack to the same Java stack for to enable ADS?

Regards,

Valerio

sandeep_katoch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valerio,

No if you are connecting several abap stack to same Java stack then there will not be that much issues if the JAVA stack is a standalone one.

BR,

Sandeep Katoch

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandeep Katoch,

my answer is solved, this thread can be closed

Regards,

Valerio

Answers (0)