cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get WebAS to not start-up after restarting Windows?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to not have my WebAS auto start after I reboot windows.

I found of couple of options in Configuration tool but they did not stop it.

We have a firewall product that I cannot disable (per security policy), but I can terminate it once I get the desktop. However by that time WebAS has started and encounters blocks from firewall, and once this happens, half the time it causes my jcontrol.exe to result in NIETIMEOUT messages and once THAT happens I have to uninstall and reinstall EVERYTHING.

So, how can I configure WebAS to not automatically start-up after rebooting windows? I have searched help.sap.com and looked for options in Visual Admin and Configure tools.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Easier than it seems

Go to Administrative Tools/ Services in Windows.

Change Startup type of the services to Manual.

You can just sort by the 'Log On As' Column

".\SAPServiceJ2E"

or whatever you instance name is. You can always start the service from the MMC console after this.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My thanks to both Thomas and Ivaylo. I think probably each solution works but I could only mark one answer as "solved it".

michael rains

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another way is to edit the Autostart property in the start profile files of your instances. Currently this property must have a value of 1 (means start the server when windows boots). You need to set it to 0.

The start profile files are located in the \usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\profile directory. Files to edit are START_SCS<Nr>_<hostname> for the central services instance, and START_<InstnaceName>_<hostname>.

Hope that helps!