cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a specific view / table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Transportation Management uses BOPF. Business Objects consists of nodes.

As I understand, node names need not be unique. The same business object can contain two or more nodes with the same name (but a different traversal path from the ROOT).

My requirement is that I provide a configuration (view) that allows the user to select a business object and a node inside the business object. At the UI level I wish to show the Business Object name and Node names in the BO. But internally, I wish to store the Business Object Key and the node key - which are unique.

I checked out the configuration for TM Conditions (Data Access Definitions) and was surprised to see that the node names were stored directly without converting to node keys.

Are there any configurations that I could look into to achieve the functionality of storing the node keys but displaying node names to the user?

Regards,

Mithun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vickyokrm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

I assume that u have to show some information on the UI right?? if so have u created a FBI view to adapt the Data from the model, there is option called " Field Mapping' and there you can maintain the conversion categories , i hope it would help you solve your problem.

Thanks,
Vignesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I stand corrected - I just checked and it is possible to repeat the node names in the Business Object, even if their traversal from the ROOT is the same.

I also checked that TM Conditions, for now, seems to be assuming that the node names will not be repeated and it will be unique - more of a development guideline than technical constraint.

Is there any configuration that does not make such an assumption and provides the node keys instead of node names?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

a node name must always be unique in it's BO context. Even if the nodes are on different levels of the node composition tree.

However, if you are able to create a node with a name which already exists in the BO model, please open a CSN on our component (BC-ESI_BOF) so that we can have a look at this.

Regards,

Carsten