Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To display the Adobe form in ESS using WEBDYNPRO

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to display the Loan details with summary in ESS potal as like below.

Requirement: First it has to display the list of loans in the ALV format(find the below screenshot). Once the loan details are displayed, if suppose when we click on second loan record, it has to generate the Adobe Form with that record details.

I created the MAIN view and called RFC(Using Service Call) and written the coding up to Action Event part, there is no issue and it is triggering selected row data also in Action Event method. But how to map this Action method data to Adobe Form and how to call this adobe form(Created the Adobe Form) in Webdynpro.

Kindly suggest and provide your valuable inputs on this ASAP as this is very urgent.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kesava,

I understand you are displaying the data in the form of ALV table. Now to call the adobe form for a particular line you need to trigger an action.

1. Change the cell editor of the ALV coulmn as link to action and on the event handler method for link to action write the code for displaying the adobe form. (or) create a button UI element(Display form), select the lead of the alv row and click on the button call the adobe form.

2. Create a seperate view and embed the adobe forms in it using the interactive form UI element. While embedding the form all the necessary context to pass the data to the form will be created at view level. Create a similar context node in the component controller and define mapping with the view created at view level.

3. Now drag and drop the node created in the component controller into the view where ALV data is displayed.

4. In the event handler method for the button (or) link to action created in the step 1  write the code to fill the context node which passes data to the adobe form and call the view created in the step 2 as pop up.

Here are some of the links which may be useful for you.

http://webdynproabap.wordpress.com/2012/10/30/alv-with-link-to-action/

http://webdynproabap.wordpress.com/2012/10/27/a-simple-adobe-form/

http://webdynproabap.wordpress.com/2012/10/28/adobe-webdynpro/

Best Regards,

Arun Krishnamoorthy

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all.

Hi Arun,

I have created two views.

First view belongs to ALV report and Action Event related part. Action Event part written using the table property ONLEAD SELECT.

In second view, integrated the adobe form with the given link. The Adobe Form contains one table and 4 variables data. After generating the code in WDDOINIT method, it is showing the error as the table(Which Adobe form contains) not exist.

This variables and Table data is available in first view Action Event method. Please tell me how to map this data in detail as i am creating the WDA application first time.

ls_ztest_loans-it_rt3 = ' '.    "Table

ls_ztest_loans-lgtxt = ' '.     "Variable

ls_ztest_loans-zuord = ' '.   "Variable

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

First bind the node which you want to display  with Interactive Form UI element and design the layout,

in leadselction  of table write the code to fill the node.

Regards,

Trilochan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KESAVA,

In the second view while embedding the adobe form in the interactive form UI element system must have prompeted you to create the necessary context and attributes. Have you given yes for that?

If you have given yes then in the second view context node must have been created by the system. This context node will not be available for you in the view 1 and hence you will not be able to pass the data to that context. In order to pass the data move that context to the component controller.Do the following steps.

1. Go to the context tab of the component controller. Right click on the context and click create using wizard -> Copy context of different context.  A pop up will appear asking you to choose the view or controller name. Enter 2nd view name and click on enter. A pop up wil show the list of the context node avalilable in that controller. Choose the root of the node(Created by adobe) and click on enter. The node with the same structure will be created in the component controller. At this point of time they are two different node.

2. To define mapping between the two node. Go to the 2nd view and right click on the context node created by the system and select define mapping. A pop up will appear listing the nodes in the component controller. Select the context node and click on enter. Now the node in the second view is mapped to the component controller node.

3.  Go to the context tab of the first view, In the right hand side you ll be able to see the context node of component controller listed. Drag and drop the context node from component controller into view controller 1.

4. In the event handler method for the button ui element. before calling the pop up fill this context node with the value that are supposed to be displayed in the adobe form.

Hope these steps would help you. Kindly revert if you need any further clarification.

Best Regards,

Arun Krishnamoorthy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kesava,

How you are going to display PDF? using Interactive Form ui element or converting any smartform to PDF?

Please check this..

http://scn.sap.com/thread/861198

http://scn.sap.com/message/8177314

Cheers,

Kris.

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kesava,

What I understood from the above stated problem is that you want to call Adobe Form when user click on the ALV column say Loan.

What you need to do to acheive the same is first, make the loan as clickable column, you can make second column i.e. Loan column as link to action ( use class  CL_SALV_WD_UIE_LINK_TO_ACTION).

Now when you click on the link, it will trigger the ON_CLICK event which you can handle and raise either raise a Window popup or  navigate to another view which contains Adobe Form.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Abhinav