cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invoce should not be generated

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

delivery related billing, i need bill should not generated without payment terms?

i dont want to keep any incomplete log in order level.

i dont want any error message, as soon as delivery created, at the time of invoice, it should show, no payment terms, so billing cannot be proceeded-message should displayed.

warm regards,

jagadeesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dattatreya1988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

You can do this using copy controls from delivery to billing configuration(T-code: VTFL) or through user exit. You can use the help of an ABAPer to add a field to the data copy routine. You can use VOFM transaction for this.VOFM routine controls weather a subsequent document is allowed or not

Thanks,

Dattatreya N R

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dattatreya,

I liked the part in which you suggested to use the Copying requirement, in Copy control (VTFL).

Thank you!

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jagadeesh,

Well i faced a similar issue where previous inactive payment terms have been deleted by FI team as per management's instruction so i used RV_INVOICE_DOCUMENT_ADD function and hard coded msgs within it and if accounting document of sale invoice is not generated system will not allow to save SD billing document. ABAPER has to put this logic in CALL FUNCTION 'RV_ACCOUNTING_DOCUMENT_CREATE' if xvbrk-rfbsk = ' ' OR xvbrk-rfbsk = 'A' AND kom-posting EQ 'H'

Sharing an example for message number F5839 against which logic will be as follows:

IF sy-msgid = 'F5' AND sy-msgno = '839'." AND sy-subrc = 4.

MESSAGE ID sy-msgid TYPE 'E' NUMBER sy-msgno

WITH sy-msgv1 sy-msgv2 sy-msgv3 sy-msgv4.

ENDIF.

Hope it helps but not sure if you will be okay with this soln. Thanks and have a good day.

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jagadeesh,

I think if you could answer TWs questions we would be in a better position to suggest a solution.

Regards

Madan Shetty

former_member184881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

configure a blank “Incoterms option” and maintain it in customer master => billing document tab => Delivery and Payment terms => incoterns => save customer master.

When you want to create sales order by this customer ‘Payment Terms” massage will not show in you sales order same as billing.

I think you cannot avoid properly incompletion log in sales order if you don’t fulfill mandatory option like: plant, material, shipping condition etc.

thanks

Md. Enayet Hossain

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadeesh,

Could you please give more details on your business process. If order Delivery and PGI is created without Payment terms and in billing if you get the message. How do you want to Fix it? Will the reverse PGI and delete delivery and then update paymnet term in SO?

Don't you think its burden on users? There is nothing wrong to explain this constraint with business users and make them understand than accpeting the requirement. Yes, you can accept until unless there is a strong business/legal reason behind it.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Payment Terms comes from Customer Master to Sales Document . In Sales document ,you can change by manually also but you can not change Payment Terms in Billing Level .

check in your Sales order and billing as that Field is Editable or not .

Note : Your requirement is very not clear .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

jagadeesh,

Why you don't want to have incompletion functionality at the sales order level (for field Payment Terms)?

Give your comments for the below scenario:

When payment terms are not given in the sales order, then the creation of billing document is not possible.

Then what would be the steps (would user have to go back to the sales order and given payment terms?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

some times in few documents, at master data level, they might not maitain payment terms(if you dont have incomplete log only).

example: scrape sales, based on avilable variety of scrap, you may have pricing might not have.

so you need not maintain pmt terms all the time. at billing how we can take forward ..

jagadeesh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

jagadeesh,

Few comments -

1. If your process does not have billing, then having Terms of payment is not required.

But then, you should have a process only for "No billing".

Configuration wise, you need a separate item category, with field Billing Relevance = Blank.

2. Terms of payment is at Customer level and not at material level

In other words, are you sending (not selling, as there is no billing part) only scrap to a (few) customers?

(These customers receive only scrap and no other material)

3. If you have billing then have a default Terms of payment populate in the sales order.

Even though there is no terms of payment for that customer.

This you can do with in a userexit; at the creation of sales order stage.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

pl use the this two include

RV60AFZC

RV60AFZZ

Here you write a logic based on payment ,

then you can control the your requirement