cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM - Wrong or no display of fields on element creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a question concerning the creation of elements in PPM. We are facing two issues on element creation.

The first is that on the creation screen all the custom fields we developed are not showing up until you save the element for the first time. After saving they suddenly appear. Is there an extra configuration to display the custom fields on the create screen?

The second issue is that all the fields that normally are drop down fields (Status, Type, Subtype, Group, Location, etc.) are not displayed as dropdown on the creation screen (see screenshot). After saving the dropdown for these fields appears.

Thanks for your help!

Anna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was the we customized a configuration in the floor plan manager.

You can do this for the edit mode of elements, but not for the create mode. The reason is program bug. SAP could not solve the issue. So the solution is not customize anything on floor plan manager for the creation of items. What you could do is create a new configuration (not customize it). Than it should work (we havent tried it).

Regards

Anna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anna,

To solve second issue implement Note 1848367.

Regards,

Clara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

thanks four your answer. I implemented the SAP Note, but I still do not see the drop down lists. The note referes to General Information Tab. I am facing the issue on the Classification Tab. I am not sure if this is the problem...

Any other ideas?

Thanks, Anna

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anna,

I think you should raise this problem to SAP. As far as I know there is not setting related to your problem.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

I just raised the problem to SAP. Will post here once they hace solved it.

Regards,

Anna