Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Enterprise impementation

md_fasi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

As I am new to this Visual enterprise, I got an opportunity to work on this from scratch (not yet implemented) .I dont have any knowledge on this.

Can any one share me the following information.

1) what is the prerequistes to work on Visual Enterprise ? (means basically I am  from BOBJ reporting side) what prerequisite knowledge is required ?

2) what is the time frame for implementing Visual Enterprse ?

3) which specific industry it will be applied?

4) do we have to do any ETL process for bringing ECC data into Visual Enterprse ? if yes what is the procedure?

5) for designing this animation  in 3d visual enterprise what else I need to concentrated ?

6) how many resources are involved in implementing this project ?

7) Is this is Big product like Ecc ?

I refered several documents, But I found the aboue doubts.

Please do the needful in resolving this doubts.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Fasi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

derrick_hurley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Fasi,

Thank you for your post. However you pose a lot of questions that could take considerable answering. I will try to be as explanatory and brief as possible;

1. SAP 3D Visual Enterprise products consist of the following; http://www54.sap.com/solution/lob/r-and-d/software/product-visualization/index.html

Please see this link and expand the explanations on VE Generator, Author & Viewer

2. This would depend on your requirements and your existing systems if Integration was required e.g. SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Author and Viewer are client tools and can be installed immediately, whereas SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Generator, as a server product, can be integrated to SAP ECC or configured as standalone with SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Access (DMS) etc.

3. All industries that can utilise 2D & 3D graphics

4. SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Generator currently stands on its own server and can be integrated to SAP ECC where tools can be used to access data from the standalone server

5. Animations (Work Procedures) can be created using SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Author and viewed in SAP 3D Visual Enterprise View (& Mobile Viewer)

6. This would depend on the scope of the project

7. No, these products are not as large (footprint) as SAP ECC

I encourage you to review the link above and content therein so as to get a better understanding of SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Author. You can also download the SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Viewer and also download the Mobile iOS version with sample models to review.

I hope the above helps.

Kind regards,

SAP Support