cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIR status change after ECN valid date has passed

former_member561828
Participant
0 Kudos

We use ECM to control PLM objects including DIR, BOM, Task lists and other objects.

OS54 Check Date is set with Error Time of 1- to protect objects from change once valid date has passed.

Our DIR status network completes with Release status RL and processes set valid date once RL.  Therefore in current configuration DIR with RL status, set valid can't be changed either in content or status.

However, we want to process DIR passed RL status once they are superseded by newer version.  Additionally from time to time we may need to adjust some DIR metadata and for that we would change status to ADmin status for correct, changing back to RL afterwards.

With settings of OS54 as such, we are not able to perform post ReLease processing.  My question: what are recommendations for solution to this concern?

Ideally we would use a program to process RL status DIR to post-Release status (Archive etc) once newer version of DIR is released and valid.  However, I'm not certain we can process with current OS54 settings.

Recommendations are welcome.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

based on your description of the functional requirement I think that this could be achieved by using BADI DOCUMENT_MAIN01 with method BEFORE_SAVE or AFTER_SAVE. With one of these methods it should be possible to adopt the released document info record when a new version is cretaed. So if you create a new version of a document and save it, the BADI method can check for any previous version in status RL and then change this status to another one for example.

I hope that this information could be useful for you.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (0)