cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while merging the PDFs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have some images in a table and the requirement is to merge all the images into a single PDF file.

We are using PDFMerge utility to merge the PDF files. But while merging it is giving the below error

while trying to invoke the method org.pdfbox.cos.COSDictionary.getDictionaryObject(org.pdfbox.cos.COSName) of an object loaded from local variable 'page'.

We went through the PDF Merge document which is available in wiki.

Can anyone help.

Regards

V. Suresh Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could anyone help me in resolving this?

Regards

V. Suresh Kumar

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

buddy what's the error?

null pointer exception?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun Wu,

We are getting the below exception.

while trying to invoke the method org.pdfbox.cos.COSDictionary.getDictionaryObject(org.pdfbox.cos.COSName) of an object loaded from local variable 'page'.

Regards

V. Suresh Kumar

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

buddy, i think there should be more....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun Wu,

Please find the complete exception from attached trace file.

Strange thing is my code is working absolutely fine with all the PDFs except two PDFs. If I tried to merge the other PDFs with any of these PDFs I am getting this error. But if I tried to merge the othe PDFs with different combinations all are working fine.

I am able to open the non-working PDFs individually.

Is there any format issue causing this problem? Could you please throw some light?

Thanks

V. Suresh Kumar

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if that is the case, most likely it is the bug in pdfbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do we have any other way of merging PDF files. I know it can be done using iText but it is not recommended. It wont work if the PDFs contain images/signatures etc. So could you please let me know if there any is anyother way of achieving this functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is with the PDF software version

Answers (0)