cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDO Batch processing-How it works?

0 Kudos

How MDO batch processing works in SAP MII? is there any example?-Currently receiving data through webServices and getting insterted one by one following  FIFO method, How it will help if MDO batch processing choosen.

Any answer with above topic would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Prahlad Chowdhury.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prahlad

You might find helpful stuff in this document. http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-36230

This is for MII14.0 but anything that is part of MDO in 12.2 did not change much in 14.0 so you can use it for your reference.

Regards

Partha

0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

Thanks! for providing the document. However I was looking for MDO batch processsing- Under System Management -> System Properties there is one check flag "" how does it work?

Regards,

Prahlad

former_member211944
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prahlad,

The ""  which you see Under System Management -> System Properties is used when

the data is copied from the data source of MDO to the MII internal MDO table.

If the check box is checked then all the db statements(which copy the data into MII internal table) run as a batch rather than individually.

Example:

If 100 records are coming from the data source of the MDO, then each db statement(whether insert or update)

would run in a batch of 100 statements.

Hope this answers your query regarding the checkbox.

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks a lot! for the clarification.

--Prahlad.

0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

In our current scenario- we are inserting records into MDO after getting it through webService call from 3rd party system. So by any chance is it possible to use the MDO batch processing or to implement batch processing has to have MDO as source and destination both? I am asking because you mentioned that MDO batch processing thing used "from the data source of MDO to the MII internal MDO table".

Thanks again for your reply!

--Prahlad

former_member211944
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prahlad,

The "MDO Batch Processing" flag would mean that the Data would be inserted into the MDO as a batch.

DataSource of the MDO could be any MII Object like Query or Transaction Object.

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

former_member211944
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prahlad,

I replicated your scenario. This I what I did:

I created a transaction in which I called the web service and then converted the web service xml output to MII rowsets format. Then I assigned this MII rowsets document to a transaction output variable.

This conversion is required as the MDO would expect the data in the MII rowsets format.

In the MDO I choose this transaction as Data Source.

Also I had checked the "MDO Batch Processing" flag.

So now whenever the lifecycle of the MDO would run and values would be inserted in the MDO, all the

DB insert statements would run as a batch.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

OmarSaad
Participant
0 Kudos

could anyone help on providing a working link to downloads the document https://archive.sap.com/documents/docs/DOC-36230

thanks in advance