cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to provision users to hundreds of identical SAP Systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any other way as to create a separate repository and separate tasks for each SAP system? Any other ideas?

Thank you in advance,

Zoltan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about a job that creates the repositories using ToDatabase passes? Using a csv (excel) file as import for the individual repository constants (username, password, system name, ...) and global constants for the constants which are the same.

The tasks / provisioning should be the same for all repositories. If not, a good idea could be to set up a company wide standard for all SAP systems.

The assignments of the privileges could be based upon "some kind of more or less complex role model".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Domink and Christopher,

thank you for your answers.

The tasks / provisioning would be the same for all our SAP systems, but is it then really necessary to create one task / provisioning for each SAP system? That would result in our case hundreds of identical tasks in Identity Center where only one setting: the reference to the repository would be different. I'm not sure how the current MMC snapin could handle such a big amount of data.

A solution could be, if I could set the in a task the repository reference as a variable, and pass a value somehow to this variable during the execution of it. But I'm afraid that this is not possible. Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Zoltan

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Zoltan,

No, it is not necessary.  This is why we define the repositories and use the provisioning framework.  The framework allows us to "snap in" each repositories parameters so that we can provision to virtually anything.

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zoltan,

could you clarify a liitle more - normally each SAP system is represented by a repository and a master privilege. Once the master privilege is assigned to the user then it would be created in the backend. Assigning this privilege on mass could be done via a job.

Thanks,

Chris