cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set % of completion in Project Management Phases in PPM 5.0?

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's;

I have a request that user need see the % of all task completion in Project Management Phases and in consecuence in Project Definition too.

When I check the standard of SAP PPM 5.0, only Tasks have the % of completion, but not the phases and Project definitions.

I have this solutions to give to the users:

1. Using Evaluations with Threshold Values to complete automatically in Phases with indicators de % of completion of tasks (setting configuration)
  2. Putting a Z field in Phases and Project Definition to show up the results of all % of completion tasks (using BADI).

Please, someone has been worked with this kind of request of % of completion in Phases and Project Definition?.

Best regards.

Mariano

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  Mariano,

without a z field, how would the user see the field for the phase? There is no phase-dashboard.

For the project and task, the standard field 'work complete can be used,

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo;

You mention that using the field "work complete" in Project Definition is the solution?

It's an alternative of using but i don't know if it's users want to complete this field. Maybe complete automatically is the solution (BADI).

I would create a Z field in detail and table view for phase, only for viewing.
Users want to simulate Microsoft Project with Project Management.

Thank you for your comments.
Best regards,

Mariano

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Zhenbo;

I have the solution to this issue. I will créate a Task at Project Definition Level and related to the other Task at Phase level. This first task will show me the % of complete of all the task like a Project Definition, with relationship to other Task at phase level (with the % of completion of the phase). This is an enhacement with BADI ZDPR_BADI_ATRIBUTES.

What do you think?

Thank you for your answer.

Best regards.

Mariano

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,         

yes, you can add a  task under project header to represent the project regarding completion. But how would you do for the phases?

You surely create  for each phase a task  (under project header or under phase) accordingly. But it is somehow overhead, because you actually need an additional field, but now you have an object to get it.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Answers (0)