cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question regd. ebom to Plant specific mbom synchronization using PSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am synchronizing e-bom to m-bom using SAP PSS and it works fine. But, the problem our customer is facing is when we assign target plant for m-bom during synchronization. When, m-bom is created with plant assignment, PSS automatically extends all materials in BoM to that plant.

For instance:

E-Bom: TESTBOMSYNC, (no plant assignment to BoM).

BoM has 1 component 'MAT1'. Both materials, TESTBOMSYNC & MAT1, do not have any plant assignments.

Now, by using PSS, I am converting E-BoM to M-BoM and giving target plant as '0001'. Once, synchronization is complete, it gives success message as "Material is updated".

Now, if I display the materials in MM03, it has automatically extended materials to the new plants which is a problem for the clients.

Client wants to know, why system does not give any message or stops synchronization in this case? If we manually create an m-bom from e-bom, and assign it to a new plant, then system gives an error when any material is not having same plant assignment. Is there any configuration or method, by which we can put a check on this or manipulate this behavior?

I am considerably new in this topic and hope that have explained my question properly.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

the system automatically creates the plant views for materials. It is by design. There is a BAdI which can affect the material and BOM creation. Please check out in SPRO:

Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) - PLM Web User Interface - PLM Web Applications - Guided Structure Synchronization - Settings for Synchronization Product Structure or Product Assembly to BOM - Business Add-Ins for Synchronization Product Structure or Assembly to BOM - BAdI: Enhancement of Transition to Material BOM

Best regards

Tamas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Badi creates 'Work Scheduling' view and assigns plants and plant specific data to the material. This was exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you so much for the help.

Regards,

Ashlesha Desai

Answers (0)