cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Error in solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While setup RFC connection in Solution Manager 7.1 under SMSY, I am getting below errors-

1. Error creating RFC destination 'SM_SOLCLNTXXX_BACK' in system 'XXX'

2. RFC destination SM_SOLCLNTXXX_BACK generation error

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In SAP Solution Manager 7.1 RFC SM_CLNT_BACK should only be created in Solman_setup. Do you get the same error in Managed system configuration, in the Connect system step? Anything mor ein SLG1 or SM21 logs a tthe time of error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sourabh,

Please try below steps.

execute SE38 in Managed system. run program  TMW_CONTROL_PROJECT_LOCK.

And make project Lock active.

And then try. Hope you will not get error after that.

Thanks

Gaurav Patel

former_member206167
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of SMSY is recommended to use tx SOLMAN_SETUP ==> Managed System configuration, remember to add role SAP_SM_S_RFCACL to administrator in Satellyte system

Kind regards

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

which user you are using to create RFC connections, and check if that user has authorization S_RFC_ADMIN. Is solman and target systems are in same network or domain,

regards

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

In SMSY, solman itself has given some users. I did not change any of those users and contd with those only..

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

I am asking about the user which you used to login and run solman_setup... check that user authorization.

shriramcse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

Is the user used to connect to managed system is having authorization to create RFC connection.

Regards,

Sriram

alexandrepoitras
Explorer
0 Kudos

Greetings,

Like Paul said, have you try to recreate manually these RFC connection using transaction SM59 ?

The other solution, I suggest is to use the Managed System Configuration in transaction :

SOLMAN_WORKCENTER -> Tab SAP Solution Manager : Configuration -> Left Menu : Managed System Configuration.

Then, select the system you want to add as a monitored system.

Start the Wizard and then in step #3, you will have to create specific users and Trusted RFC connection.

This shoiuld do the trick and will create the needed RFC connections

Hope this helps !

@+

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,  Do you get the same error when you try to create the RFC in transaction SM59?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Did not try SM59 yet. Was thinking to create from smsy only...

Anyways, should i create this RFC in target system or in Solman?