cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchical prompt in BO mobile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I built a simple report on Webi, using a universe (unx) in which I defined a list of values based on a custom hierarchy (Country>Region>City).

In the universe I associated this list of values with the corresponding objects (Country, Region and City).

In the Webi report I inserted a prompt filter on the City object.

It works fine: when I refresh the report, the prompt allows me to make my selection in the hierarchical tree defined.

Unfortunately in the iPad doesn't work: when I refresh the report, the hierarchical prompt appears, but I'm able just to see the first level of the hierarchy (Country), and when I tap a specific country, nothing happens.. it seems that the application is not able to retrieve the values of the lower levels of the hierarchy..

Any idea?

I'm using BO Mobile 4.4.28 with a BO server SP5.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update

Installing the patch 8 on the BO server it seems that this problem disappears.. anyway there is another one issue: in the hierarchical prompt in the iPad I can just select the values of the lowest level of the hierarchy.

Going back to the higher levels there is not the possibility to:

1. see the information about the active selection in the corresponding lower levels as shown in the image below found in internet:

2. select directly a value not corresponding with the lowest level of the hierarchy, as shown in this image found in internet:

Instead, what I see is shown here (source: my unlucky iPad):

An other interesting (probably essential) element: I'm working on a universe based on a relational connection, that I discovered doesn't allow to create "real" hierarchy, but only list of values based on custom hierarchy. Maybe do I need of an OLAP connection, with which I read is possible manage the "hierarchy" objects?

Is it possible to build this kind of universe on sap hana?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Nicolò Realmonte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

hierarchy objects Base Prompt issues for Mobile Version 4.4.28 , check whether it helps you.

Prompt issues in documents based on data sources having hierarchy objects (such as OLAP and BW)

1.Values selected by a user in hierarchical or dependent (nested) prompts are not persisted by the app.

Everytime user refreshes the BI document, he/she needs to make fresh selections in the LOV that appears in the prompt popup.

2.Users cannot enter text values in hierarchical and dependent prompts that appear in the app. They can only make selections in the values listed on the prompt screen.

3.Even if a dependent prompt is defined as "optional" in Web Intelligence, the app forces users to select values listed in the popup.

4.A prompt having hierarchy variables that allow multiple selections may exhibit erratic behavior in the app.

5.If a prompt is dependent on multiple prompts, the prompt may display unpredictable behavior on device.

6.In a hierarchical prompt (that allows multiple value selections), if there are multiple values at the first level of hierarchy, users cannot proceed with a single selection. The app forces the user to select at least two values out of those listed on the screen.

7.If users choose the Reset all option in a hierarchical prompt over the app, the view of the Values gets slightly distorted.

8.The Reset all option does not work for the following prompt types:

Prompts with hierarchical or dependent list of values.

Prompts with hierarchy based variables

Prompts created with a Universe based on Business Warehouse (BW).

9.If dependent prompts are configured with hierarchy based variables in Web Intelligence, the prompts may be replicated in the app on device.

10.For a BI document having multiple hierarchical prompts, if the user selects the root node values for one prompt and a subsequent (lower) level node values for the other prompt, partial results appear in the document after refresh.

11.In prompts with a hierarchical list of values (LOVs), after users select values in one of the child levels of the hierarchy, the selections are not indicated for corresponding parent values in upper levels of the hierarchy, until users navigate up to the root (uppermost) level.

12.In hierarchical tables with a formula containing a "new line" or a "feed" character, sorting does not work as expected.

13.In hierarchical prompts allowing multi-selection, when selecting multiple hierarchy nodes, the app throws a server error or returns invalid data.

14.In prompts based on BEx query (hierarchical data objects), selection of parent nodes in the hierarchy is not possible in the app.

15.When prompts have interdependent variables, or there is a combination of hierarchy and hierarchy node variables in a prompt; the prompts are replicated in the app interface (Values popup)

Regards

Aflal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aflal,

thank you for your answer.

Actually I'm not using an OLAP connection, which the document you posted concerns: the hierachy doesn't come from the data source, I built it in the universe layer using a "list of values based on custom hierarchy".

Probably the problem is this one, but unfortunately I can't yet create an OLAP connection to test it, because there is something wrong in my BO environment..

Regards,

Nicolò

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolo,

You cam Create another discussion on the issue you are facing in Your BO Environment.

Regards

Aflal