cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Regular Jobs in IdM 7.2 - Mass Changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anyone configured Regular jobs in IdM 7.2 ? Is there any best practice / guidelines to be followed so that jobs get executed with ease as compared to IdM 7.1 .

I want to link Several Users to the list of Privileges i have with me and i want to do this activity through a single job where i can update the data in a file into the format which IDM accepts. (.xls OR .csv ) with value details like - Action Type, Request Reason .

I also want to erase any the existing privileges / role linked to those users and want to setup such condition in the same job in IdM 7.2 .

At present in IdM 7.1 , privileges are linked to the users through below 2 jobs, and now in IdM 7.2 want to merge these two jobs into a single job Or any other option can be used to link privileges to several users with details like -  User Id, Action Type, Request Reason, Privilege Details.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi yogesh,

There wont be a difference if you put all the pass-s in one job(even you can read from the same pass), the difference will be in the way your select is build in the source tab. As for the best practice, my advice will be to set a specific dispatcher for the Scheduled jobs.

BR,

Simona

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

you should look at the Rapid Deployment Solution for IdM which is available for download from the Service Marktplace. This contains some useful jobs that may meet your requirements.

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your response , Could you please share the link or the path in SMP where i can refer and can get done my task, as i can do my work with two jobs but now i want to merge it into a single job to work efficiently.

-Thanks,

Yogesh

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here you go - http://service.sap.com/rds-idm

May I know what is stopping you currently from having all your passes in one job ?

Cheers

Murali