Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing URL Parameters in FPM.

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am working with Supplier Master data, where we need to give the URL to client, when he clicks that, he will be able to see the single supplier details. I am thinking how to pass  the Supplier Number to the URL, from which the details of the supplier is fetched and displayed to the user.

I have checked the INITIALIZE method of the feeder class, I am not able to find any details.

Note that : there is no WDA application involved in this.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the URL you are accessing, without the hostname/port? I want to understand what the application is that you are using. FPM is a WDA application you know.

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

The client wants a direct URL where he needs to put it in the address bar, it should display the details of the supplier.

The url is with host name & port. The application that i am using is USMD_ENTITY_VALUE2. ( This is the application that builds the initial screen). from there onwards, the control passes to the feeder class.

the feeder class name is CL_USMD_ENTITY_VALUE2_PROXY. The initial screen has the input field (supplier number).

let me know if anything is needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That application is part of Master Data Governance. See the Web Dynpro application USMD_ENTITY_VALUE2 of Web Dynpro component  FPM_OIF_COMPONENT, tab Parameters to see what standard parameters are available and whether by using them you can achieve your goal. The parameters are parsed in method IF_USMD_VIEW_WD~CALL_INIT of class CL_USMD_ENTITY_VALUE2_GUI_WD. If the standard parameters are not sufficient, you are looking into enhancing the Web Dynpro component.

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Kaski for the help.

Looks like i need to enhance the application. I need to add a parameter in addition to the existing standard parameters and handle it inside the feeder class (IF_USMD_VIEW_WD~CALL_INIT of CL_USMD_ENTITY_VALUE2_GUI_WD ). I know how to enhance the standard WD component, but here in this case, i do not see any options to enhance the USMD_ENTITY_VALUE2 application in FPM_OIF_COMPONENT.

Can you let me know how do we do it ?

Thanks,

Karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No need to enhance the application, as long as you enhance the method I have mentioned you can pass any custom parameters to the application and be able to parse them in the method and react accordingly.

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes you are right, I was able to handle the parameter "Supplier ID" inside the class.. But as per the requirement the user should not see the Initial screen, insted he should directly see the supplier details screen when the URL is entered.

As all the methods of the class are called from a WD component, USMD_ENTITY_VALUE2, the control comes back again to the component and the initial screen is not getting skipped as needed.

Is there any way to skip the initial screen if the Supplier ID parameter is passed in ?

When i try to acheive that using OVERRIDE_EVENT_OIF, i am not able to do it.

Could you help ?

Thanks,

karthik