Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating & Adding New Field in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Gurus

My client requirement is

whenever user create a new sales order in VA01 they should also feed PDC no ( post dated cheque no) & it must be compulsory.

please any one can help me out how it can be possible to add this PDC no field in sales order screen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use Sale Order Header text for this. This will require some configuration in VOTXN. Easiest way is to use Assignment or Reference Fields in Sale order HEader Accounting Tab. These will flow from Sale order to Billing Document and from Billing document to Accounting Document. With this you can have PDC number in FBL5N too. But check before using these fields what are you maintaining in these. These are also configurable in Copy control settings of line items.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Moazzam for your Reply...

I will do it the way you said....Header text in sales order...configuration and will see the out put.

secondly i was also thinking about to use userexit with abaper to add new field PDC No. in sales order below the PO number field... is also the way can it be possible?

Thank You

dattatreya1988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

As discussed above you can add extra fields in Additional data A & Additional data B tabs in sales order. This has to be done through user exit by taking help from ABAP team.

For configuring in VOTXN, you have to create a text type and text id. Then you can cofigure this text type to appear in VA01 screen. You will then be able to enter PDC no in sales order.

Thanks,

Dattatreya N R

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello bhavesh ,

You can achieve this by using your abapers help,

Following screen nums are available 8309, 8310 Sales document header user exit and 8459, 8460 for item -program would be Sapmv45a.Please remeber that to edit these screens and add fields you would require access key.

Regards

Madan Shetty

bastinvinoth
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh Solanki,

if you want to add custom fields in additional data b means ,

Please go through the below link for abaper reference to develop the screen.hope it helps.

SAP Community Network Wiki - Application Server Infrastructure - Implementation of SAPV45A User-e...

Regards,

Bastin.G

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Dear you can not add any field in sale order over view screen. There are additional data A and B tabs in sale order header and line item and as per suggested in below posts your ABAPER can add field in additional data but I will suggest you to go for reference or assignment field if these are not being used before.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Moazzam for the early feed back...

Yes even i am looking to use reference or assignment field ...even i had a word on it from my FI team too... than we came on this conclusion....& many thanks to you for that....

Answers (0)