Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DS and FIM: Cannot write pipe, due to error

Olj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

Help me please.

I have a some job, it's job need to load data from model to model (BPC10 BW) .

We a running this job via FIM10, but job don't work,  Error log:

(14.0) 05-17-13 11:05:14 (E) (9420:16104) SYS-050604: |Session PR_MMR_1|Data flow DF_EXPORT_PR_MMR_1

Cannot write pipe, due to error <The pipe has been ended.  >.

I find the note with same problem and solution but this note for DS. But I never used DS, I only used FIM, and I don't know how to use DS. And I know that FIM use DS, and I open DS Desighner and find our several DataFlows of our job, but I can't find/make this action of note "Include the Input primary key column in the Table Comparison transform" (it's from note 1631163).

If it is not difficult for you can you help? Where is it option?

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

The problem is due to high Data volume as per SAP.

0 Kudos

The problem can be caused by in time difference between FIM(windows) servers and BPC(???).

The difference is only few seconds

In My case it was the time zone which was different between my system

Hope it will help..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cannot write pipe, due to error <The pipe has been ended.  > is a very generic

error in BODS and could be due to many reasons. Since you feel it is because of table comparison transform check the link http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EIM/Table+Comparison+(sorted+input)

Arun

Olj
Participant
0 Kudos

this can be a problem with the network?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would say Yes and No. Normally pipe error occurs when you have separate processes checked in the transformation, a database function/stored procedure running, a high volume of records handled etc. At this time there could be insufficient memory leading to connectivity with database getting broken leading to pipe error. This is one such scenario, which varies based on the transformation you put.

Thanks,
Arun

Olj
Participant
0 Kudos

Arun thanks.

Did you mean RAM memory?

But FIM(DS) server and DB server have a lot of RAM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean the memory of job sever. You could try one more thing, change the time out parameter at BODS end. I know its in DSConfig file of installation directory but not sure where and what it is called.

Arun

former_member200473
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daulet,

1-You could also try by increasing pageable cache from the server manager option.

As per my knowledge we can not use InMemory in Table_Comparison transform.

2- check if sufficient space  is available into installation(BODS) directory.

3 -  if you feel that it is because of network bandwidth  then you can decrease the value for table option(array fetch size and rows per commit)

Please try and update the thread.

Regards,

Shiva Sahu