SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB21 issue in FM

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

We are facing an issue in MB21 reservation posting with reference to FM. We have to enter commitment item manually in MB21 in some instances where derivation rules have not been set to derive them automatically due to many commitment items for a single material group..So when we are trying to raise such reservation system issues commitment item not derived error which is understood however when we try to enter commitment item manually in More button system does not show more screen and keeps on giving error of commitment not derived. I want to how will commitment item be manually entered in MB21 screen. Please guide me.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

You said you already set the FM fields as optional but they still do not show up. I believe you have manupulated the relevant MM transaction / movement type with BADI or user exit. Because when I disabled FMDERIVE and executed MB21, the system was not able to derive CI but the field was avalable for me to enter:

You also mentioned you did not want users to enter CI whenever CI could be derived. The fact that these fields are showing up on top of the screen has no negative impact. You set the derivation as 'Overwrite with new value if new value is not blank'. If the rule value exists, it will populate the field regardless whether users have entered anything or not. If there is no rule value, the error message will prompt them to enter something and the entered value will not be overwitten by the blank. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you have to open these fields:

Spro > Materials Management > Inventory management and physical inventory > Goods issue / transfer postings > Define screen layout > select the movement type you use in MB21, then select 'Additional account assignments' and change the FM related fields to optional.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

You said you already set the FM fields as optional but they still do not show up. I believe you have manupulated the relevant MM transaction / movement type with BADI or user exit. Because when I disabled FMDERIVE and executed MB21, the system was not able to derive CI but the field was avalable for me to enter:

You also mentioned you did not want users to enter CI whenever CI could be derived. The fact that these fields are showing up on top of the screen has no negative impact. You set the derivation as 'Overwrite with new value if new value is not blank'. If the rule value exists, it will populate the field regardless whether users have entered anything or not. If there is no rule value, the error message will prompt them to enter something and the entered value will not be overwitten by the blank. 

0 Kudos

Hi Ming:

Thanks a lot, yes there is an exit involved in this transaction which brings Material type and material group in FMDERIVE ,after sitting with ABAPER we debugged it and system was hindering the manual entry of Commitment item in MB21 because of the exit , we resolved it. Thanks a lot.

I would also request forum moderator to see into deep roots of the issue in question before putting a thread on Moderation assuming its a spam , posting a unnecessary question on forum e.t.c

Regards