Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic creation of quality certificates for GR

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Is there any procedure for automatic generation of  Quality certificates for Goods Receipt from Vendors ? Instead of creating quality certificates for Goods receipt in QC21 for inspection lots / QC51 for Purchase order , My requirement is whenever GR is made with reference to PO, quality certificates has to be generated automatically. Is it possible in SAP - QM ?

Kindly provide your valuable suggestions

J.Balakrishnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Balakrishnan

First thing is that SAP provide this facility to confirm that material has been received with Quality certificates from vendor. and it can be stored in DMS server if required.

In goods receiving scenario we donot created certificates instead is created by Vendor  and provided to customer. So do certification creation for customers not for vendors.

Second thing you can ask for automatic receiving while doing the GR. but in case if you could not received the certificated then how will you manage as system will show it is received. So it is better to received manually by t-code as you mentioned.

regards

Manish

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

Thanks for your valuable reply, i understood the purpose of certificates.

As you mentioned for "Automatic Receiving of certificates from vendors" , is the below configuration is what you are trying to tell,

SPRO -> Quality management-> QM procurement->Define keys for certificate processing ->Define certificate types ->certificate types -> Indicators 1. certificate for each PO item (or) 2. certificate for each GR item

Am i mentioning the correct configuration for "Automatic trigerring of quality certificates" from vendor for GR

Kindly suggest if i am wrong

J.Balakrishnan

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think we are still confused as to why you wish to create a printed cert when you receive in the material?

What is the purpose of the certs?

To answer your question directly and as to the point as possible:  No, there is no process in SAP to create a printed cert for an incoming material following the UD. That is not done and is not supported by SAP.  

In over 15 years with multiple, multiple clients, I've never had it requested. It really doesn't make much sense to do so that I can see or understand.  Help me understand!!!!!  🙂 

Now that doesn't mean I've seen everything.. I haven't.. so that's why I'm trying to understand a bit more what the business reason is for this. (because the client says so isn't really a valid answer even though that might be the case).  There must be a policy, procedure or business need behind this.

Even when companies are just serving as middle men for a product, (i.e. shipped in and shipped out, maybe even just virtually due to drop shipment arrangements), we don't print out the COA's at GR time.  They are done when the product is shipped out.

FF

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

I understood  the basics from your explanation. Thank you. I am closing the thread

J.Balakrishnan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. we are going to need some more info here.  Is the Cert to be created based on the 01 inspection lot?  Why do you want it generated automatically when you haven't even sold the goods yet?  Are you just filing a hard copy?  Why?

Typically SAP creates the COA's automatically when you delivery the goods via an output assigned to the deliveries.

FF

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear FF,

I require the quality certificates to be created automatically for Goods Receipt from an vendor with reference to Purchase order.

We are creating Certicates for vendor in QC51 with reference to PO and in QC21 with reference to  Inspection lot. In order to avoid this, i am seeking for any procedure is available in SAP - QM

Example: I have made an GR with reference to PO, while doing GR i am confirming the Certificate receipt and after doing GR i am manually creating certificate receipt for the PO reference in QC51 and after completing Result recording and usage decision for the Inspection lot. I am manually creating quality certificates for the inspection lot. Here i require the system to create an certificate

automatically once i have finished my Usage decision for the inspection lot similarly for Material delivery for customer.

Is my requirement is meaningful ?

Kindly provide your suggestion

J.Balakrishnan