cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD Agent error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community,

I have an issue on one of our SMD Agents.

When I check the log I can see the following:

[MAIJobObserver] ERROR occurred for metric collection 00000000000000000012[com.sap.smd.mai.model.collector.SAPControlWSCollector].

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.smd.mai.model.collector.CollectorException: [SAPControlWSCollector.collect] Web Service execution failed for operation: ReadLogFile. Collector : [SAPControlWSCollector]

Id: 00000000000000000012, SID: MBR, instance number:00

at com.sap.smd.mai.model.collector.SAPControlWSCollector.collect(SAPControlWSCollector.java:201)

at com.sap.smd.mai.job.MetricJobRunner.run(MetricJobRunner.java:25)

at com.sap.smd.server.exec.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:46)

at com.sap.smd.server.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:785)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

Caused by: javax.xml.rpc.soap.SOAPFaultException: Invalid filename

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.buildFaultException(MimeHttpBinding.java:747)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.processDocumentFault(MimeHttpBinding.java:870)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.call(MimeHttpBinding.java:1454)

at com.sap.smd.agent.wsclients.sapstartsrv.SAPControlStub.readLogFile(SAPControlStub.java:1470)

at com.sap.smd.mai.model.collector.SAPControlWSCollector.processLogfile(SAPControlWSCollector.java:847)

at com.sap.smd.mai.model.collector.SAPControlWSCollector.readLogFile(SAPControlWSCollector.java:757)

at com.sap.smd.mai.model.collector.SAPControlWSCollector.collect(SAPControlWSCollector.java:184)

... 4 more

Has anybody encountered the same?

Or maybe you can point me in the right direction

Regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David

Can you put the configuration of the SMD agent in debug mode? Most relevant is often SMDApplication log file.

Your collector tries to read a log file and fails because the filename is not correct or the file is not found.

Without more information, it's very hard to make up what exactly is being collected.

What kind of system is MBR?

It could for example be garbage collection logging that is being read (if the system has a java stack) ~the configuration XML file can be found in the agent applications (through agent administration). That XML file contains the path/file which is then checked by the collector but again, we need more information to further help you towards a solution.

Best regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Team ,

I am facing similar issue in accessing Host agent log viewer.

[LogProviderAdapter] SAPHostAgent webservice returned Permission denied

[EXCEPTION]

{0}#1#javax.xml.rpc.soap.SOAPFaultException: Permission denied

Thanks in advance

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

any update on this?? we are having same issue!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which version of your SAP host agent? Try to update it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody??

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David

Can you give me more information as to when you get this error etc.

also maybe upload the smd.log file

Best Regards

Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Kroone,

Is the agent actually running or is this error at startup?

1. Are the directory ownership and permissions correct for the Agent files?

2. Is this error on stopping or starting of agent?

3. If the agent is running is it correctly linked or registered i.e. hostnames/ports?

Regards,

Johan