cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure smtp to receive mail through the mail id to the SAP inbox.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to configure the SAP server to send the mail between sap users through the mail id such as raj@kaartech.com. Because, I need to trigger the workflow by mail which will come from the external mail address or from the sap users in the same system.

My doubt is,

1. Could I use the mail id to receive the mails between the sap users?

2. Could I use the non-existent mail domain and id to receive the mail to the sap inbox?. Why did I asked this question is that SAP server is able to run as the SMTP server by adding service SMTP through sicf.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can configure the SAP System to send/receive mails from external mail IDs.

Is this ABAP system or JAVA?

Regarding your doubts:

1) Yes, you can absolutely use the mail IDs to receive the mails between SAP users. For that you will need to maintain the E-Mail IDs in SAP's User Master Data.

2) You could also use a generic Mail-ID, instead of using someuser@somedomain.com, you could use something like sapadmin@appserverhost.com.

For the second option, you will need to configure accordingly. in SCOT (ABAP System) or in "Java Mail Client" services in the Visual Admin tool of Netweaver Java System.

Regards,

Akshay.

0 Kudos

Hi akshay,

Is there any option to map the mail id to the SAP inbox of the user. (Already i have given the E-mail in user properties thru su01)

Because, i can see the mails hitting from the external mail ids as well as internal sap users in se38 --> RSBCSIN    

But not able to see in the desired sap inbox.

Thanks in advance.

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you add the user mail id in su01 so any mail which belong to that id will go to inbox of that user.

that you can check in so01 .

If you are not able to see mail in in box

please post some log /error whcih you are getting.

BR

Atul

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understand, you are able to send E-Mails to SAP, as you can see them hitting to SAP system, but the mails are not appearing in SAP Inbox of that User. (And the same mail is appearing on Mail Server - Outlook of that user for example).

For this I suggest you to check the following:

Ensure that you have activated the mail system group in your system. In this case the received mails will go automatically to user's home mail address, defined in SU01 for user.

To check the mail system group: Go to Transaction SO16 -> Tab "Mail sy. grp." -> look at the checkbox "Send to home Addresses of Users"

If this is set, please un-check it (check the checkbox "No Mail System Group")

Also, as you are composing mail from SAP and expecting it to HIT the SAP Inbox of other user, compose Mail with the following options:

1) Recipient = SAP User ID of the User whom you are sending Mail

2) Recipient Type = SAP Logon Name.

Test Again, if not success, proceed to below.

As, activities required to receive mail on SAP needs some additional tasks as compared to only sending from SAP.

Check out this comprehensive blog, to achieve it => http://scn.sap.com/people/thomas.jung/blog/2004/09/09/receiving-e-mail-and-processing-it-with-abap--...

Let me know, how it goes.

And if you can post logs/errors, that would help to investigate.

Regards,

Akshay.

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

The issue has been solved. But, no logical reason. I need to find it out.

I have created a new user without specifying the Email address.

I composed a mail in sbwp from the user named "text" to our exchange user. It showed the from address named text@sapdomain.com. (It must got the id from the default domain)

note: sapdomain.com is a default domain in SCOT and it not exist anywhere.

So I sent the mail to text@sapdomain.com from the exchange users also from another sap user. It got received in the sap inbox of text user.

Regards,

Pandiyaraj

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Glad to know that you have resolved the issue.

Please close the thread in case you feel the issue is resolved and award relevant points.

Regards,

Akshay.

attila_kovacs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Pandiyaraj,

this is the normal behaviour. If you do not specify any email address in the Users Master Data (SU01),

than the  sender address of this mail will be put together exactly as youdescribed: <sap-username>@<sap default domain>.

This format can be used for any other user. Both this address and the one maintained in SU01 can be used to route an incoming mail to the user's inbox.

Regards,

Attila

Answers (0)