cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging Tables in IDT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community,

am I able to merge 2 tables with equal structure and different content in one table?

in my example i want to create a multisource universe based on two BW infoprovider . they are stored in different BW systems.

the structure of the tables are equal.

but the content of each infoprovider is different.

e.g.

Table A consists materialnumber 1 to 10.

Table B consists materialnumber 11 to 20.

My target is to join these tables into one.

In WebI i would use the merge dimensions function to display data from two different dataprovider in one table.

Is there a similar function?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I fixed the problem

one possibility is the way as Victor  mentioned.

But in this case i prefered a solution based on the universe (IDT).

If you want to merge 2 tables you can edit the SQL Script and you just have to combine the 2 tables with the UNION operator.

e.g.

Select * from (

select * from table_a

UNION

select * from table_b

) where ...

Thanks for your help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I think you need to use combined queries with the "union" operator, check here for more information:

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4sp5_ia_en.pdf#page=101

This would be the solution for single source universes, however I am not 100% sure if this is supported in multi-source universes, give it a try and let us now.

Best regards,

Victor

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mani,

but i don't think these would fix my problem (correct me if i'm wrong).

If i merge the tables like your posted tutorials the derived table would only consists data from one of the tables.

Both InfoProvider consists data from material, color and price. While InfoProvider A stores data for material 1 to 5 (color and price), InfoProvider B stores material 6 to 10 (color and price).

So i need a table with columns material, color and price. The content should be a merge of InfoProvider A and B. So that this table contains material 1 to 10 (color and price).

I think i need somethink like modify table or to make a view over both tables ...

Regards