cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to send an alert to an SAP MTE object ?

Alexia
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am new to CCMS. I would like to send certain errors to an existing SAP monitor (for example Backend application errors) and be able to see them in transaction RZ20 under that object. Is it possible to run an ABAP FM/method in order to do so?

I was also looking for a solution for creating a custom MTE object, not just a monitor tree, but as far as I see it is not possible in SRM 7.0.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

magexposito
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alexandra,

In the properties of the MTE object there is a tab called 'Methods'. In that tab, there is an option called 'Method assignment' where you can assign different methods such as Data Collection, Auto-reaction or Analysis. Then each method can call to a FM, report, Transaction, URL or Logical Command.

Please take a look to the following document, it explains a little bit about method creation and CCMS Monitor:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-16522

Hope this will help you.

Best regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Firstly you need to activate CCMS in RZ21 as central monitoring system jobs are created to collect data. I believe you have Solution Manager from which this can be monitored in more centrally.

Copy an existing function module of desired MTE ex: SALO_EMAIL_IN_CASE_OF_ALERT customize as per your requirement. Under RZ21 --> Methods --> Method Definitions

Create a custom Method Under execution select Function Module and custom made ZSALO_EMAIL_IN_CASE_OF_ALERT  --> Under Parameter tab use appropriate values, Under Release tab check Auto-Reaction Method.

Its highly recommended to go the help provided by SAP.

Hope this helps.

Zaki