cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLMAN_SETUP: Diagnostics Agent stuck in status "Pending"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm going through the SOLMAN_SETUP steps on a newly installed Solution Manager 7.1 SP8 system. In step 5.6 (Connect Diagnostics Agent), the diagnostics agent installed on the system is visible by quering the SLD (button "Get Agents"). When I select the found agent and select the option "Connect", the status changed from "Ready" to "Pending", but nothing more. I would guess the status should change to "Connected" within a reasonable time, but this does not happen. The status "Pending" has been set for at least 12 hours now. In the log there is the message "Writing data to SLD <our SLD host> using user SLDUSER. Agent <hostname> will connect to Solman". I can also see that the entry in the SLD is updated at this time ("last modified" property gets updated).

Does anybody have an idea on what's going on or what I can do to get this to work?

Kindest regards, Wilbert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For future reference:

After digging some more in the logfiles of the agent, it seemed the credentials with which the agent was connecting to the SLD were not valid (strange thing though). I stopped the DAA instance and executed smdsetup again:

smdsetup.bat sldconf hostname:"<HOSTNAME>" port:"50000" user:"<USER>" pwd:"<PWD>"

This generated a new runtime.properties and a new secstore.properties, the latter containing the encrypted username and password for the SLD connection. After the DAA instance had been started again, the agent registration went straight through (took about 5 minutes to go from pending to connected).

Kindest regards, Wilbert

Answers (0)