cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which event is triggered when we click on any input field of a table in sap web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a input enabled table. If i click on a input cell without selecting a row an error message should throw.

How to do that.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhatirani,

There is no such event which will be triggered when you click on input field.

ONENTER event is triggered when you enter the value inside input field and press enter.

Regards,

Sanjeev Kotwal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The way you want cannot be acheived, the only other way would be to make all the fields disabled by default and when some one clicks on a row enable the fields.

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess, there are no such events that trigger when the user selects the input field. You can only check if the user has selected the lead to be processed only after entering the input.

Here are some of the possibilities

1. Create an onenter action for the input field cell editor of the table UI element. In that action get the row which the user is editing using the importing parameter of the method wdevent. Get the lead selection index of the context node and compare it with the index returned by the importing parameter wdevent. If the index mismatches you can ask the user to select the processing row.

2. Other wise create a cell variant for the columns (or) bind the read only property of the column to  which to be editable. Display the columns to be editable in a display mode initially only on selection of lead make it editable by creating action for onleadselect.

Best Regards,

Arun Krishnamoorthy

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am unsure whether this can be achieved...

Why wouldn't you enable the input field only if the row is selected? (bind the enable attribute to a context attribute that you set for selected rows)

Best regards,

Guillaume