Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Imported Schema - External Definition

baskar_ramasamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

After Importing WSDL / Schema using external definition , We use the structure in Message Mapping.Please let me know how to edit the imported xsd/wsdl. (i searched regarding this issue in scn, but i could not find a solution)

1. If there is an enhancement in fields that needs to be added in mapping.i dont find any option to add the fields in imported schema/wsdl in external definition,How to achieve this? ,

2.Is there any procedure to add/remove a field in imported schema/wsdl?

3.or do we need to again get the schema / wsdl from the 3rd party application and re-import the schema in external defnition?

4. If we re-import from external definition , Again Mapping structure will be different and will be a re-work in mapping right?

Thanks in advance to all,

Baskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

For first couple of your queries, you can try export the schema definition from the external definition to your native system (preferably as .xsd) and then try editing it with notepad and re-import the same when done. You can give this a try.

For last set of your queries, you should create a mapping template from the existing mapping, so that the mapping logic is saved. After importing the changed structure apply the mapping template to the new structure / mapping. In this way you'll be able to retain the unchanged mapping and there'll be less re-work.

Hope this helps.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

1. If there is an enhancement in fields that needs to be added in mapping.i dont find any option to add the fields in imported schema/wsdl in external definition,How to achieve this? ,

There is no way, and if you think about this question, it is logical if the endpoints change or add a field the responsible of the endpoints has to change theirs schemas or wsdls, a workaround inside PI has no sense because finally you will need to import or export a consistent schema.

2.Is there any procedure to add/remove a field in imported schema/wsdl?

To remove you simply dont use it in the mapping. To add the best way is to edit it with an external tool like xmlspy, editxfree, etc.

4. If we re-import from external definition , Again Mapping structure will be different and will be a re-work in mapping right?

A few cents, if you change the namespace, it depends of your PI version, you can lose the mappings too.

Regards.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>3.or do we need to again get the schema / wsdl from the 3rd party application and re-import the schema in external defnition?

yes, you can only do changes in schema and then you need to import it again

>>>4. If we re-import from external definition , Again Mapping structure will be different and will be a re-work in mapping right?

in most cases (in case a just a few new fields) it will work but if you change the nodes (names) then you will need to redo some parts

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk