0 Kudos

Hi i am facing beow issue in batch determination in delivery:

Customer C123, first places an
order for material M123 on delivery D123 to be shipped out on Aug 2013

Customer C123  places
another order for material M123 to be shipped out in July 2013.  Delivery
created is D124. 

Batch B123 is not allocated to
any delivery via batch determination yet. 

If I try to use batch
determination allocate batch B123 to delivery D123, I can do that.
However, even if I don’t allocate B123 to delivery D123, when I go into
delivery D124 to allocate B123 using batch determination, I can’t even see B123
as an available batch.  I then have to delete D123 in order to see B123 in
delivery D124. 

Is this something normal?

I am using checkign rule B and scope of check is marked with deliveries indicator.

does that mean i can not use new batches for urget deliveries even though it is not assigned to other deliveries.

I can see batch stacok available in CO09 . i can see ATP quanitities available but i can not get my delivery to pick this batch. i have also check staging date in dleivery and it is same as co09 avilbaility date.

please highlight your view.

regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Noel,

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Click on selection criteria and check the values. Then compare these values with the batch master data in MSC3N. If this does not match, then the system will not pick the batch.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

evrything matches. selection was successful hance system went for availability check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think i have a better understanding of issue now. here is what it is happening:

I have one batch in stcok with 100 Qty say Batch1.

1. I created first delivery D1 for qty 75..( Did not do batch determination yet). i went and checked in CO09 and i find Delivery got automatcally confirmed with 75.

I did batch detrmination and 75 qty of batch1 was proposed correctly.i did not save though.

3. I created another D2 delivery of  75 quantity. ( did not do batch determination). i went and checked in CO09 and i find this 75 is also confirmed automatically.

I did batch determination in delivery and 25 was confirmed and  50 was shown as open quntity. i did not save.

4. i went back to D1 and this time when i do  batch determination again, system only shows 25 as available and 50 as open. If i go to Delivery 2 .. run batchg determination.. system does same thing 25 confirm and 50 open.

Looks like system is confirming all deliveries and then offsetting confirm qty to each other not allowing batch to fully assign to one delivery.

My checking group in delivery is set with cumulation indicator 3 and scope of check has only delivery indicator check.

I think problem is with availability check. Appreciate your imputs.

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Moderators,

Can you pleas ehelp to move this thread to SAP PP group. probabalyi will have more insights there.

Thanks,

Santosh

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

This is standard SAP behaviour. since the delivery is created SAP has reserved the stock for that delivery.

You can experiment a little in test environment by creating delivery (say A) for half the qty than that present in the batch. then create delivery B have batch determination done, the remaining half of the unallocated qty i batch will be asssigned to this new batch B.

This behaviour is due to RLT check ticked in avaliability rule B.

Regards,

Swapneel Kolte

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do not have an available quantity at batch / storage location level.

For batch HBN27086, you have 60 in stock. But this 60 has been assigned to the delivery on 17th May.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My availability checking scope has settign not to check with replinishment lead time.

still, all deliveries getting confirmed as soon as they are created even though there is not enough stock. This causes batch determination to be failed as same batch is reserved for  both the deliveries internally.

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Can you post a screenshot of your CO09?

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I do not think this sounds normal.

If you can debug, then do the following:

1) Set a breakpoint at FM VB_BATCH_DETERMINATION atthis line: "

*-- Auflaufsteuerung

LOOP AT xfs.

2) Within this loop, check if the batch exists in table ydb_mchb after Form SELECT_BATCH_DB

3) Within this loop, check if the batch exists in table ycl_mchb after Form SELECT_BATCH_CL

4) Within this loop, check if the batch exists in table yac_mchb after Form SELECT_BATCH_AC

If the batch does not exist in one of these tables after these forms, then you should know the part of batch determination that is failing for this batch. If the batch does appear in each of these tables after the forms, then you need to review your user exits.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, i guess this is some issue with availbility check for batch in batch determination.

if i  go to batch split screen and try mnually entering the newly created batch, it gives me standard VL150 message as material-batch not availble.

if i trigger mnaul batch dtermination and look at batch detrmination logs detail, it says batch is not avaible in stock where as i can clrearly see enough unallocated  ATP quantities available in CO09.

we dont have user exit in batch determination functionality set.

i am thinking this is standard error and rasing a oss note. just wanted to confirm before i raise oss note.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Have you checked the suggestion given by Shiva? - Use t.code V_RA and reallocate the quantity to new sales order. Also check the settings in t.code OVZ2, field Accumulation.

Pleasetry this before raising it to SAP. If i am not wrong your qty has reserved in your first order ( which is the standard behavour). Hence, its not allowing you allocate it to new order.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use t.code V_RA and reallocate the quantity to new sales order. Also check the settings in t.code OVZ2, field Accumulation.

Regards,