cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistency: Two numbered User Statuses in the Work Order at the same time

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor

Greetings Experts, Gurus and SAP Sages,

One of the PM Work Orders in our system has been saved with a numbered user status. Then, in the space of thirteen seconds, it was set with another numbered User Status, but without resetting the former. Therefore, now two of them are active for the Order (and two active records are present for the object in table JEST), and attempt to go into the Status overview screen causes a short dump ("Too many radio buttons")

I have searched and seen this thread regarding the same issue with System Statuses and I have looked up the notes

Note 389936 - Data inconsistencies in plant maintenance orders

Note 67826 - Restoring the status for orders RIORDST1

among others, but the reports provided do not rectify this issue

What could be the root cause of this issue (a stray COMMIT WORK statement in enhancement code?)

Is there a standard report to remove such inconsistency? I would rather not open the system to doctor the user profiles to fix this, nor do I want to perform manual corrections in the tables...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

There is a repair report that will allow you to fix the duplicate user status - Report ZSTSEQNR available in note 371659.

You enter the object number of the order (e.g. OR000012345678) and can then select which status value should be deleted (made inactive). Press F5 to carry out the deletion.

As to the cause - a commit work at the wrong time would be the most common reason. But if you have custom code maybe there is an error there. If you could reproduce the situation it would help identify the cause.

-Paul

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Many thanks, Paul! I see this Note had been mentioned, I guess I was not looking hard enough

This will certainly help rectify the issue. As for the custom code, this was an isolated incident, but I will see if there is a suspect COMMIT WORK and flag it up to our ABAP team.

Answers (0)