cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical System Definition Error in Landscape Browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fellow Travelers,

I'm completing a Managed System Configuration in SOLMAN_SETUP in version 7.10 and in Step 11, Check Configuration, I'm getting an error in the "Refresh System Status" step - "Unexpected error occured whle trying to update data in the Landscape API". 

I clicked on the StartWebdynpro Navigation link in the Refresh System Status error and it brings me to the Unified Landscape Browser where it shows me the error: 'BDI~JAVA': Host 'faysapdevsql1' must have an operating system.  Clicking on the Jump URL I 'm taken to the System Landscape Technical System -Edit and upon selecting Hosts and then selecting faysapdevsql1 host, I see an area under Host Details that lists:

CPU Type:

Operating System:

Operating System Version:

And notice they are all blank.  But no option to edit the information.

On the Navigation Tree, I click on System Database and the Hostname does contain the correct information for Database Type for SAP: MSS, Manufacturer: Microsoft, Version: 10.50.4000.0 and Bit Width of Database: 64

Any feedback on how to get this information to update in the Hosts area so this error will disappear?

Thanks. 

Ron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shriramcse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ron

Restart the Diagnostic agent and also restart host agent.This will update the OS information of the Technical system.

Regards,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thanks for the feedback.  I upgraded the SAP Host Agent on the SQL server (I had been on SP 99, so I upgraded to SP 148) and then I restarted both SAP Host Agent and Diagnostic Agent and it did indeed grab the Operating System information. 

Thanks so much for the assist.

Regards,

Ron

Answers (0)