SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typical structure for utilities company

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to create an overview document that would show what the Structure would like for a Power or Water utilities company from a PM standpoint. So, what would be defined as an equipment, what would be defined as functional locations, what would be the various common pieces of equipment etc. Also, I want to know what the process flow would look like, what would be the different kinds of orders or notifications, how would they be created etc. I know this would vary from one business to another but, I just want a general overview of the structure and process flow. Is there any documentation on this or can someone provide details from their past experience. I have posted the same question in the EAM section as well. I am not using IS-Utilities.

2 REPLIES 2

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Robert:

Basically the same issue here as for your threads in EAM   - without requirements, the question is too vague.  Beyond that, for utilities, the main driver of any of this would be if the Utilities industry solution is being used.  Within that, we cater to (almost) all of the necessary master data via specific ISU transactions.  It would be very difficult to account for that outside ISU.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks. However, as I mentioned there is no specific requirement or real data. I can create anything I want. If you have some past experience using PM in a utility company maybe you could tell me what their Functional Location and Equipment structure looked like. What did they have defined as equipment and functional locations, what did the typical BOM's look like for these equipment or functional locations ? And we are not going to be using ISU so this will have to be configured in ECC.