cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on launching into the GRC 10.0 system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is going to sound silly, but how do you actually get into the GRC 10.0 system?

We've got our 10.0 Sandbox built and I can log into the SAP system, but how do I get the screen that shows all of the 10.0 functions?  I can find all sorts of documentation on installation and configuration, but that's all done from outside the system itself using SPRO and specific tcodes like GRAC_DATA_MIGRATION. All of the sessions during the convention that showed GRC 10.0 screens started with the system already launched. I see some options mentioned about the different types of front-ends that can be set up, but haven't found anything on how to actually set any of them up.

Can't I just launch it from a tcode, like the old /virsa/vfat tcode for FireFighter in GRC 5.3, or do I have to build one of those front-ends?  Would seem strange to me that we have a separate SAP system for GRC now, but have to go back outside to a front-end of some kind to get into it.

Also, is there a User Guide?  All I've found are the various installation/maintenance guides.  What I'm looking for is something that actually shows you how to use the various functions of the system.  (Review reports, maintain roles, add approvers, etc.)  Something I can give to our users.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bob,

So you log in via your SAP LOGON pad and don't see the end user screens, is that right? You should be able to get in to the screens you are looking for via NWBC if you have the right security.

Gretchen

Former Member
0 Kudos

After I login, it just goes to the SAP Easy Access - User Menu screen same as when I login to any other SAP system. 

If I then put in NWBC, I get a pop-up window that says "Error in configuration of SAP logon tickets".

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bob,

Have you already checked that your system parameters are set correctly? See this thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2082803

Gretchen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just found the note referenced in that thread right after my last reply.  That was the problem.

Are these parameters specific for GRC, or are they general SAP parameters?  Should they have been set this way when my Sandbox was built?

Also, when I made the change, I received a pop-up that said the change would be lost if/when the server is restarted.  Is there a way to make this permanent, so we don't have to remember to reset this if/when the server goes down?

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bob,

You will have to activate all the relevant web services before you can launch NWBC.

Thanks,

Alex