Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T-Code Usage Statistics Since 1 Year Past

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Environment: SAP 4.7 EE, DB2, AIX

We would like to collect statistical data of most used t-codes and reports in our SAP system, since 2012 beginning.  Our Basis service provider has deactivated statistics collection (not sure why) - below parameters are default:

rsau/enable                                                                                 0

rsau/max_diskspace/local                                                                    1000000

rsau/max_diskspace/per_day                                                                  0

rsau/max_diskspace/per_file                                                                 0

rsau/selection_slots                                                                        2

I am able to run stad, and pull details for the past few days (like 19/5, 20/5, and 21/5/2013), but nothing from 2012.  I know that this is not practical to get the details NOW for 2012, as the statistics collection data files are not available at OS level or in the database.

What are the other options available even to get summary details of Transaction usage, possibly querying certain tables?

Thanks in advance,
Abdul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

If you are trying to build user activity statistics i.e. the T-Codes used by user, Tables queried etc. , you will have to store data from STAD somewhere to tables. We did something similar, by developing a custom program which would forward the usage statistics from STAD to custom DB tables on daily basis, and then later we summarize on the tables to understand the usage pattern.

As the STAD won't keep the statistics for very long you will have to store the data periodically.

Other than that, I don't think so, you can retrieve usage statistics which have been too old (historical), however you can set this in place now, so as to get the relevant info.

Regards,

Akshay.

Former Member

Hi Abdul,

Please use SM20 transaction code for it. But for it you need to enable Security Audit log using SM19. If it is not enabled then you cannot find it using SM20. Then use ST03n to find out. Go St03n--> Then total--> select the time and double click. Go to Analysis view --> Transaction Profile--> Standard . You will find out all the executed transaction codes on that time.

Thanks,

Asad