Sustainability Discussions
Contribute to SAP sustainability discussions. Share ideas, collaborate on solutions, and join a community driving positive change towards a sustainable future.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a user-guide available for SAP SuPM 3.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm starting to work with that tool called SAP Sustainability Performance Management 3.0.

I have spent a lot of time looking for a user-guide which explains the GUI, the different options and panels, and how to connect with the datasource of SuPM but I couldn't find anything.

It shocked to me because is the third release of that product and there's no documentation available. Is correct what I'm thinking or just I'm a bad googler?

Just I could find 4 articles made by Raghunandan GV (thank you very much Raghu), but no official SAP user-guide...incredible.

Please, If there's any reader who has some documentation about SAP SuPM (version release is not relevant) I'll appreciate if they could share that knowledge. I'm in a hurry with no-time to developing a demo for one huge customer.

Thank you for reading and thank you in advance for the responses,

Best Regards

Néstor.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi Nestor,

Thanks for your discussion item and apologizes for the difficulting in finding documentation.  Our standard publically available documentation is porvided at the following locations:

User Guide / Help:  http://help.sap.com/bosuspm 

• This has infomation on installation, configuraiton and deployment, application help and terminology and integration guides.

Rapid Knowledge Transfer:  http://service.sap.com/rkt-sustainability

• Here are training guides - you have to have special access to this site and it's limited to customers and partners with projects.

Education

• We also have PDF user guides and training guides we provide as part of educaiton classes.

I suggest starting with HELP and serarching the NOTES at service.sap.com/notes for SuPM key word to obtain How To Guides.  If that is still not what you're looking for contact me at chris.zerlaut@sap.com and I'll direct you to our Product Owner who can provide additional documentation if you have a pending project.

Thanks for your interest in SuPM.

Kind regards,

Chris

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

0 Kudos

Hi Nestor,

Thanks for your discussion item and apologizes for the difficulting in finding documentation.  Our standard publically available documentation is porvided at the following locations:

User Guide / Help:  http://help.sap.com/bosuspm 

• This has infomation on installation, configuraiton and deployment, application help and terminology and integration guides.

Rapid Knowledge Transfer:  http://service.sap.com/rkt-sustainability

• Here are training guides - you have to have special access to this site and it's limited to customers and partners with projects.

Education

• We also have PDF user guides and training guides we provide as part of educaiton classes.

I suggest starting with HELP and serarching the NOTES at service.sap.com/notes for SuPM key word to obtain How To Guides.  If that is still not what you're looking for contact me at chris.zerlaut@sap.com and I'll direct you to our Product Owner who can provide additional documentation if you have a pending project.

Thanks for your interest in SuPM.

Kind regards,

Chris

0 Kudos

Hello Chris Zerlaut,

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate the effort of giving to me some documentation, but the user guides located in

http://help.sap.com/bosuspm are mainly for the systems team (installation, upgrading, deploying, connecting, etc).

The Rapid Knowledge Transfer is ok, but for projects under implementation process. I pointed that I need documentation for demo purposes. So my only chance is buying. As a Gold Partner I think it's not an option in that context.

The education will be ok, but in the future, with time to do it.

So, my only chance is searching in the SAP Notes looking for some incomplete and isolated info.

No problem, I guess you're a salesman and you're doing your job. So I think I should contact with SAP Spain directly, they are interested in and we have all their attention because it could be the first project of SuPM in Spain.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Nestor,

Are you participating in the training in Madrid next week?  If so you will receive the full training documentation as part of the course.   Regarding documentation for demos, are you looking for the demo scripts or offline speed demos?  I can and will provide those next week on Day 1 of our training. 

Please work with our colleagues in Spain and we will ensure you have the contnet and support you need in working with prospective customers.

Regards,
Chris

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Do you have SuPM configuration guide or prerquisit requirement guide before starting SuPM. I am

facing problem in IMG Activity "Specify Names of SPM Hierarchies". Whem I am trying to maitain Hierarchy name for infobject /SRB/ORGUNIT its throwing an erro.

any idea ?

Regards

Bhuwan

0 Kudos

Hi Bhuvan Tiwari,

Please Maintain the Version While Creating the Hierarchy in /SRG/ORGUNIT.

With out Having Hierarchy you can't maintain Version, eventhough you have /SRG/ORGUNIT is active.

Regards,

Satish