cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to know if it is possible to limit the type file which is allowed to be uploaded in a DMS document (CV01N or CV02n).  For example, I would like that only .PDF file can be uploaded in a predefined DMS document type.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastien,

You should be able to upload file with extensions only for which configurations have been done in section define workstation application using DC30.

If you maintain *.pdf for a document type, then uploads other than pdf will not work for that document type.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I have correctly maintained workstation application in DC30 for PDF but I don't find where I can assign only *.pdf for a document type.  Can you help me please ?

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sébastien,

based on the provided information I think that one possibility to control this user interaction could be to define a "default application" for your document type in transaction DC10. For each maintained document type you can enter one workstation application as default in the field 'Default Appl.'.

If you enter for example 'PDF' here this workstation application will be filled automatically if the users try to create a new file in the document info record. However this option is just like a proposal for the users and they will be able to change the proposed workstation application manually.

If you want to really restrict the usage of a workstation application on basis of the document type then I think you would have to create your individual restriction check with the help of BADI DOCUMENT_FILES01 and method BEFORE_ASSIGN_FILE or BADI DOCUMENT_STORAGE01 with method BEFORE_PHYSICAL_CHECKIN.

I hope that this suggestions could be useful for you.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastien,

Try with user exit

CVDI0003  User exits: DDS - determine original

//TRB